Author Topic: White House Supports Mavericks Scrapping The National Anthem Because America Fails ‘Often’  (Read 332 times)

rangerrebew

White House Supports Mavericks Scrapping The National Anthem Because America Fails ‘Often’
February 10, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

White House press secretary Jen Psaki expressed support for Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban’s decision to remove the national anthem from the team’s home games because they “feel [the anthem] doesn’t represent them.”

During the Wednesday press briefing, Fox News’s Peter Doocy asked Psaki about the Biden administration’s stance on Cuban’s decision. While the press secretary acknowledged that President Joe Biden is “proud to be an American and has great respect for the anthem,” she also said he would support the Mavericks for calling out the frequent times when “we as a country haven’t lived up to our highest ideals.”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/10/white-house-supports-mavericks-scrapping-the-national-anthem-because-america-fails-often/

Offline skeeter

Well at least they aren't to hide their anti-Americanism anymore.

Let Americans decide if this is what they want, even the dim witted ones.

rangerrebew

How many games has Cuban cancelled at home game because the Mavericks were "often" failing?  How much confidence would that give his team?  More importantly, how much money would he lose?  If he thinks this is going to have people knocking on Reunion Arena to see his America hating organization, he's wrong?  As far as I'm concerned he can throw his team in a junk heap with the entire NBA.  I was never a watcher of the NBA to a great extent, now I'm a non watcher - totally.  This is nothing more than virtue signaling.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:08:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/02/11/nba-ended-issue-of-playing-the-anthem-but-the-result-of-mark-cubans-social-experiment-remains-to-be-seen/

Editor’s note: This story has been updated since it was originally published. Last updated 8:15 p.m. Wednesday.

To hear Mark Cuban explain it now, the national reaction he sparked, which began as a low rumble and quickly swelled to a detonation of debate, positive and negative, was his plan all along.

Mavericks owner Cuban’s decision not to play the Star-Spangled Banner before Dallas home games was, he says, a social experiment of sorts.

How soon would it be noticed? How would people react? The first answer came later than he expected, not until Dallas’ 12th home game. The reaction began Tuesday night and as the uproar neared its Wednesday crescendo the NBA issued a blunt statement.

“With NBA teams now in the process of welcoming fans back into their arenas, all teams will play the national anthem in keeping with longstanding league policy.”

Just like that, the issue was resolved. Cuban immediately said the Mavericks would comply and, sure enough, the Star-Spangled Banner was played before Dallas’ Wednesday night game against Atlanta at American Airlines Center.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
(VIDEO) White House Sides With Dallas Mavericks’ National Anthem Ban: It Recognizes U.S. Failings
 MenRec Staff February 11, 2021

DOOCY: “What does President Biden think about the Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban decided to indefinitely stop playing the national anthem before his National Basketball Association games?”

PSAKI: “Well, I — I haven’t spoken with the President about the decision by Mark Cuban on the Dallas Mavericks, or I should say the national anthem, but I know that he is incredibly proud to be an American and has great respect for the anthem and all that it represents, especially for our men and women serving in uniform around the world.

He’d also say that of course, that part of the pride in our country means recognizing moments where we as a country haven’t lived up to our highest ideals, which is often and at times what people are speaking to when they take action at sporting events, and it means respecting the right of people created to them in the Constitution to peacefully protest.

That’s why he ran for president in the first place and that’s what he’s focused on doing.”

video 
https://menrec.com/video-white-house-sides-with-dallas-mavericks-national-anthem-ban-it-recognizes-u-s-failings/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hmmmm....
What would it actually take to change the song designated as the "National Anthem"?
A vote in Congress, a bill passed into law?
That's certainly "within their range" now.

How long before they vote to change it to "lift every voice and sing"?
After all, the $20 bill is soon going to have Harriet Tubman, right...?