Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Klavan Talks Taking Back The Culture From the Left, The Future of Conservatism  (Read 83 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Klavan Talks Taking Back The Culture From the Left, The Future of Conservatism

The conservative mindset may be to despair right now. It's reasonable given the position we find ourselves in. But Klavan does not see it this way. He believes the arts are a way to start winning again.

By Gabe Kaminsky
February 9, 2021

Many years ago, bestselling author and Daily Wire podcast host Andrew Klavan returned from life in England to find that American culture had been destroyed from within. Amid the left’s growing institutional monopoly, he began speaking to conservative groups across the country about the importance of taking back the culture. His message did not resonate.

“They looked at me like I had come from outer space,” Klavan told me. “Now, people are calling me and saying, ‘What were you saying about the culture again?'”

“The first speech I ever made was for YAF [Young America’s Foundation]. And I was explaining cultural ideas to them. And I bombed. It was a horrible, horrible, failure of a speech. And when I went backstage and about five of maybe 200 students came back. Maybe 10, I don’t know. And they were thrilled. And I said, ‘Well, why are you guys thrilled and everyone else hated it?’ And they said ‘Well, they’re all econ majors and poli-sci majors…we’re the English majors.’ And when I got home, I called Andrew Breitbart, and I said, ‘Oh, my G-d, I just had this horrible experience trying to explain culture to conservatives.’ And he just warmed with laughter and said, you know, ‘Welcome to my world,'” Klavan said.

As we proceed into four years of the Biden presidency, Klavan believes conservatives are better equipped to play what he identifies as the long game. Not just in terms of keeping sanity, but in order to really make a substantial footprint on politics and culture—which Breitbart notably argued were inextricably intertwined.

Instead of being led like sheep in the slog of short-term political warfare, pessimistically caught up in each and every negative outcome, Klavan expressed his support for the right to get on the offensive. The Daily Wire has tried to emulate this, announcing their foray into film and entertainment, with their first feature film “Run Hide Fight” released on January 14.

But Klavan recognizes that we have a long way to go. A couple of films here and there will not solve our problems. And he is perfectly right.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/09/exclusive-andrew-klavan-talks-taking-back-the-culture-from-the-left-the-future-of-conservatism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The first step in taking back the culture is the step taken to stand away from the present culture.

How many of the 75 MAGA still watch network TV?   Go to movies?  Listen to crap music?  Tolerate the idiocies of their Rodent acquaintances?  Hire Rodents?  Do business with known Rodents?  Want to be seen as "moderate"?  Use Amazon, Fakebook, Twitter? 

How many of the 75 MAGA allow their offspring to do the above?   

When the 75 MAGA gets serious about rejecting the Rodent infestation, they'll show it by rejecting the Rodent culture.

How many of the 75 MAGA are truck drivers delivering food and fuel to Rodent enclaves?   That's the Rodents' weakest spot.   
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.