Author Topic: Fauci Says Masks Can Come Off When Virus ‘Is Not A Threat At All’  (Read 656 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't think so Scooter. Take your troll ass back under the bridge you crawled out from under.

Dr. Anthony Fauci suggested that Americans will need to keep wearing face masks until COVID-19 “is not a threat at all” during a Monday afternoon appearance on Fox News’ “Special Report.”

“Is there going to be a time when we are going to be, no masks?” anchor Bret Baier asked during the interview. “When is that time? If you had to guess, going to a sports game, going to a theater, going to a concert without a mask?”

“That will really be dependent upon how we get the level of virus in the community down,” Fauci responded. “If we can get — and I have used this as an estimate, it’s not definitive — but  if we can get 70 to 85 percent of the population vaccinated, and get to what we would hope would be to a degree of herd immunity which really is an umbrella or a veil of protection against the community, where the level of virus is so low it’s not a threat at all, then at that point, you can start thinking in terms of not having to have uniform wearing of masks.”

The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director predicted that the U.S. is “not near” a time when this could happen.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/08/anthony-fauci-masks-virus-not-threat/?fbclid=IwAR18ag8_CoiAUfiuXXHCfDTXB5APei5K1FuL22GsVTOgyPoYYek1ZULdvns
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Fauci has zero credibility.  He lied, denied and once led and contributed to the research of the Chinese virus. He's despicable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So... never?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Much as they like him saying what they want to hear, at least some MSM folk have to be realizing the game Fauci is playing (IMO), basically prostituting his position for air time and maybe hoping for paid "expert" appearances on skews shows after he retires.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I thought masks don't work, hence FauxChi's reasoning to double or triple up.  Nothing but clowns!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
 :nothappen:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

This is today. We'll see what the "experts" say tomorrow.
Fully vaccinated people can skip COVID quarantines, CDC says
By Yaron Steinbuch
February 11, 2021 | 10:58am

People vaccinated against COVID-19 may skip quarantine if they have been exposed to someone infected with the deadly bug, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in its latest guidance.

“Fully vaccinated persons who meet criteria will no longer be required to quarantine following an exposure to someone with COVID-19,” the CDC said.

“Vaccinated persons with an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they meet all of the following criteria,” the agency added.

The CDC noted that vaccinated people should continue wearing a mask, stay at least six feet away from others, avoid crowds and wash their hands often. ...
NY Post
 :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Reading between the lines of what the NYP quoted from the CDC's pronouncement, the guideline strongly suggests that it is now believed that a vaccinated person, some time after their final dose, is not just immune, but that their system will react quickly enough that being exposed won't cause them to be infectious, even briefly.

Is that a tangled, prolix sentence or what?! wink777

The NYP quoted nothing about naturally immune folks - those who have recovered - who still far outnumber those who are some time period past their final vaccine dose, but since we're talking immune-system-produced antibodies in either case, I would think that the same reasoning/standard should apply.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline skeeter

I thought masks don't work, hence FauxChi's reasoning to double or triple up.  Nothing but clowns!
I’ll wear my mask until Covid is gone if Fauci promises to not fund any more Covid-type research projects.

Offline DB

Offline mountaineer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fauci Says:
Masks Can Come Off When Virus ‘Is Not A Threat At All’

Looks like "his mask has come off" insofar as Dr. Fauci is concerned...

Offline mountaineer

Nation Prepares To Celebrate 1st Anniversary Of Two Weeks To Flatten The Curve
February 8th, 2021
U.S.—The nation is preparing to celebrate what is expected to become a beloved annual holiday: Two Weeks To Slow The Spread Day, to be held in March every year.

"This time of year we like to come together to remember the historic day one year ago when we put on masks and locked ourselves down, trusting that the lockdown would be over in just two weeks," said local man Paul Christof as he stared out his window longingly, his three masks securely in place.

"This year, I'm going all out with a Zoom party with no more than five of my closest friends -- I mean, closest, figuratively speaking, of course. We'll be literally far apart, because I want to stay home and stay safe, and I don't want grandma to die."  ...
Babylon Bee

I'm going to bake a cake decorated to look like a 'rona virus.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The only thing one need to know is:
When masks go away, Fauci goes away.

When COVID goes away, Fauci goes away.
Would anyone even know his name but for COVID?
Of course not. He would be just some invisible bureaucratic troll doing some job nobody ever heard of.
Now of course, he is an international star!

Fauci will never let go of COVID. Nothing to do with "public safety".
He is fighting for his fame and his power. He is fighting for his very livelihood.
COVID is Fauci's meal-ticket. If he has his way, COVID will last until the end of time.
He watches the COVID death toll the way we watch a game score.
Only he is rooting for COVID.

Definitely the worst wrong guy for the job.
He should be replaced by a more sober, stable, realistic doctor.
However with the current "tear America down" Communist regime, that will never happen.
As with so many dozens of people in the Trump administration, I will NEVER understand why Trump did not fire his arrogant ass on the spot after the very first press conference (snickering and making faces behind Trump's back). I would have. Why didn't Trump kick his butt to the street?

We hired Trump in part because of the "You're fired!" theme. He did not live up to his reputation. In fact, he was one of the slowest Presidents in history to resort to firing staff, no matter how many times they stabbed him in the back. It is a mystery?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:59:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Fauci is 80. My theory is that he's looking to retire soon and has been cozying up to MSM-folk, telling them things they want to hear, hoping to get a gig as a pay-per-appearance expert on skews shows and reports.