Author Topic: GOP senator: Administration showing 'they don't care if they have to work with us'  (Read 143 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 GOP senator: Administration showing 'they don't care if they have to work with us'
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 02/07/21 12:48 PM EST

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) said on Sunday that Biden administration officials are showing that they don't want to work with Republicans on a coronavirus economic stimulus bill.

"I am absolutely willing to work with anyone if it is good for the American people. Because that's what we should all be about. We have conservative solutions. The more conservative values infuse public policy, I think, the better public policy is. On the other hand, the administration is showing very clearly they don't care if they have to work with us," Cassidy said Sunday on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"They're willing to push things through even if someone like Larry Summers, a former Democratic Treasury secretary, says it's boneheaded policy -- I'm paraphrasing," he added, referring to President Biden's $1.9 trillion relief package. "And even if we come in good faith with at least 10 and more that would have joined us, and they say they don't care. So, you got that -- it takes two to tango. Right now, I'm not sure we have the two to tango."

The White House is in the midst of ongoing negotiations with congressional Republicans about the size and scope of the relief package. During a recent meeting, Biden told a group of 10 GOP senators that their $618 billion package was too small and does not go far enough in helping Americans affected by the pandemic.

There is broad bipartisan support for the next round of coronavirus stimulus checks to be more targeted to individuals who need the funds most, The Hill reported last week.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/537723-gop-senator-biden-administration-showing-very-clearly-they-dont-care-if-they
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Well, duh-uhhh! They never did. It was surrender or be ignored, from before square one.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Stop whining and figure out a way around this obstacle.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stop whining and figure out a way around this obstacle.

Cassidy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: