Author Topic: Biden cancels Elon Musk's adventures in space  (Read 1919 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden cancels Elon Musk's adventures in space
« on: February 04, 2021, 06:08:52 pm »

Biden cancels Elon Musk's adventures in space

New president is making his space policy increasingly clear: America will remain grounded for the time being

By Brandon J. Weichert - - Wednesday, February 3, 2021

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

The United States is in a titanic struggle with the People’s Republic of China for the dominance of space.

Although the Americans have been to the moon and sent multiple, advanced probes to the surface of Mars, since the end of the Cold War, U.S. space policy has languished in neutral. Due to this, new competitors, namely China, have arisen to challenge the dominance of the Americans in the ultimate strategic high ground of space.

China has grand ambitions for space. Not only does China plan on beating the Americans to the Martian surface by the end of the decade, but Beijing wants control of the vital orbits around the Earth. By controlling these orbits, China’s military would enjoy significant advantages over the American military. Beyond that, China plans on strip-mining the moon for valuable resources.

excerpt:
The United States, however, has a new president. And President Joe Biden is making his space policy preferences increasingly clear: America will remain grounded for the time being.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/3/biden-cancels-elon-musks-adventures-in-space/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden cancels Elon Musk's adventures in space
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 06:14:31 pm »
A 2 fer...

Biden is paying Musk back for the Big Tech/Hedgefund backlash, while giving preference to to the Chocoms in their space quest.

Win-win for Pedo-Joe
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 07:59:31 pm »
The US has wasted far too much time and money on Mars.    It's nice to know, and all, but the US should have expended that effort in detailed remote exploration of the Moon for the express purpose of identifying water and mineral resources and establishing a plan for a permanent military and industrial colony thereon.

I did say "military".

There's no practical benefits for the US on Mars at this time.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 09:23:13 pm »
The US has wasted far too much time and money on Mars.    It's nice to know, and all, but the US should have expended that effort in detailed remote exploration of the Moon for the express purpose of identifying water and mineral resources and establishing a plan for a permanent military and industrial colony thereon.

I did say "military".

There's no practical benefits for the US on Mars at this time.

I understand that we should not do space exploration at all because there are hungry mouths to feed on Earth.  We can do space as soon as we eliminate all hunger and poverty in all nations.  I learnt this back when Jimmy Carter was setting the pace.

Right?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 09:29:57 pm »
I understand that we should not do space exploration at all because there are hungry mouths to feed on Earth.  We can do space as soon as we eliminate all hunger and poverty in all nations.  I learnt this back when Jimmy Carter was setting the pace.

Right?
The more you feed 'em, the more they multiply...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 09:56:38 pm »
The more you feed 'em, the more they multiply...

Jimmah was a peanut farmer.  He doesn't know squat about Animal Husbandry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 09:08:19 pm »

Right?

That's not what I said.

I said MARS is a waste of time and effort at our current level of technology.

The MOON is where we should be.  It's America's moon and we should have been exploiting it to the utmost.  The place has something we flatly cannot establish on earth, vast quantities of almost perfect vacuum.    It has no biosphere, pollution is not a valid consideration.

It has metalllic ores, it has water, it has He3.   

It has solar power beyond belief.   It's an industrialist's dream world.

AND...if our enemies got uppity, we could drop very inexpensive rocks on their heads without concern for radioactive fallout....

Screw the starving on the Earth.  Time for them to get off their begging knees and get their lazy asses to work.  Maybe they should petition for better governments in those s-hole countries they live in, hmmmm?

The US has wasted more than 50 years ignoring it's moon.   Way past time to correct that oversight.

Let's put this another way, to paraphrase something from C.M. Kornbluth's "Takeoff":

"Once a country has the first domed base on the moon, no other country can establish one because the people in the first base can go over to the other guy's dome and stick pins in it."

Ya think CHINA is going to let America retake the moon China steals from us?  They're not even going to let us ever get our White House back that they stole.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:11:45 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 09:13:08 pm »
Jimmah was a peanut farmer.  He doesn't know squat about Animal Husbandry.

Taking care of animals was more in Clinton's line.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 09:41:27 pm »
I think you are correct about the moon first.  It will actually be a good step towards Mars. Keep Mars in the picture or the pro-science Rats will cancel it and we get nothing.

PR Line:  We need to return to the Moon!
Better PR line:  We need to go where no one has gone before!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 11:35:06 pm »
What part of "Mars is a waste of money" escapes people?

Know what happens if someone actually found life on Mars?

The Rodent eco-fascists would get the courts to ban all further exploration of the place...and there's nothing there we need, anyway.    It's deep in a gravity well and we can build our own biologically necessary g-forces for ourselves.

Want water?   Cost an awful lot to haul it up, wouldn't it, when we can just go snag a minor planet and mine it in a micro-gravity field.   

Want silicate rocks?  Floating around in space, why dredge it up from Mars?

Want metal ores?  Process lunar regolith, use solar-powered mass drivers to put the stuff where you need it.

Gravity sucks and we should stay away from it.

The only advantage Mars has is the opportunity for aerobraking.   Wow.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 12:52:47 am »

The Rodent eco-fascists would get the courts to ban all further exploration of the place...and there's nothing there we need, anyway.    It's deep in a gravity well and we can build our own biologically necessary g-forces for ourselves.

Want water?   Cost an awful lot to haul it up, wouldn't it, when we can just go snag a minor planet and mine it in a micro-gravity field.   

Want metal ores?  Process lunar regolith, use solar-powered mass drivers to put the stuff where you need it.

Nah, we can dump CO2 there...I think it would be a good stepping stone to asteroid belt mining. Establishing support bases there, even manufacturing would have potential to improve the ability of the belt community to mine and, in turn, be established. That's where the resources are, without the deep gravity wells, and laid bare in smaller chunks than a planet. It's just  a question of being able to stay alive long enough out there to find and exploit the right asteroids.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 01:00:07 am »

Right?

Need you even ask?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 01:01:04 am »
Need you even ask?
Don't fall in the sarchasm....

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 01:11:42 am »

Then we'll do neither Moon nor Mars.  You heard it here first.  You'll see.
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2021, 01:20:38 am »
How many of those soon to be unemployed Space X techies do you think voted Democrat?
Same with Google. Same with Twitter. Same with Amazon. Same with FaceBook. Same with all the big tech companies.
The Communists are hitting Space X today, but just wait. They are not finished.
You think the Communists are going to allow Amazon to continue without government intrusion and control? Not a chance.
You think the Communists are going to allow Twitter to be the official 'censor' of America without government involvement? No way.
These big tech companies and their employees are in for a big shock.
Just wait until all these far-Left hipster techies, who all voted Democrat, are replaced by H1B visas (which will happen soon).
How will they feel about their Democrat cult when they are all out of work and confused?

These guys were sure that Democrats would only hurt Trump and his supporters. They could not be more wrong.
Liberals are on the chopping block as much or more than normal Americans.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 02:38:45 am »
How many of those soon to be unemployed Space X techies do you think voted Democrat?
Same with Google. Same with Twitter. Same with Amazon. Same with FaceBook. Same with all the big tech companies.
The Communists are hitting Space X today, but just wait. They are not finished.
You think the Communists are going to allow Amazon to continue without government intrusion and control? Not a chance.
You think the Communists are going to allow Twitter to be the official 'censor' of America without government involvement? No way.
These big tech companies and their employees are in for a big shock.
Just wait until all these far-Left hipster techies, who all voted Democrat, are replaced by H1B visas (which will happen soon).
How will they feel about their Democrat cult when they are all out of work and confused?

These guys were sure that Democrats would only hurt Trump and his supporters. They could not be more wrong.
Liberals are on the chopping block as much or more than normal Americans.
Useful idiots are often among the first to go.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »
Nah, we can dump CO2 there...I think it would be a good stepping stone to asteroid belt mining. Establishing support bases there, even manufacturing would have potential to improve the ability of the belt community to mine and, in turn, be established. That's where the resources are, without the deep gravity wells, and laid bare in smaller chunks than a planet. It's just  a question of being able to stay alive long enough out there to find and exploit the right asteroids.

Easier to reach any part of the solar system from the moon.

Less gravity = easier.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2021, 05:48:22 pm »
Then we'll do neither Moon nor Mars.  You heard it here first.  You'll see.

Agreed.

China won't let it's recently purchased American property to use China's moon.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2021, 05:59:27 pm »
I understand that we should not do space exploration at all because there are hungry mouths to feed on Earth.

Right?

Amazing how that rule doesn't apply to China,  a nation with an abundance of hungry mouths.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2021, 08:04:03 pm »
Amazing how that rule doesn't apply to China,  a nation with an abundance of hungry mouths.

There's no votes to be gained in China.  In the US, this rule always applies:  If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's vote.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2021, 08:25:51 pm »
And when Biden says "grounded" he means grounded.  No space exploration, no travelling without medical permission, no breaching the confines of your home without a paramedic and a stretcher or to report to work at Costco and Amazon.

We will all be grounded. And we will like it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2021, 08:28:41 pm »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 08:42:54 pm »
Gone is the rugged individualist who could dream big, take action on those dreams, and who was willing to accept the success or failure of his/her actions - all while being generally unfettered by regulation or fiat.  Resilience to failure has died because government has put a stake in the spirit's heart.  Besides, it is someone else's fault.

Musk is among the rarest who is still willing to dream big. 

How's that for today's upbeat take on things? 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 04:40:48 am »
Easier to reach any part of the solar system from the moon.

Less gravity = easier.
Yep,  but then there's transit time and supplies, including fuel. Be good to have a planetary base nearby, with orbital support facilities. We have had rovers putter around Mars, but we don't really know what is down there in terms of resources.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 04:48:50 am »
Gone is the rugged individualist who could dream big, take action on those dreams, and who was willing to accept the success or failure of his/her actions - all while being generally unfettered by regulation or fiat.  Resilience to failure has died because government has put a stake in the spirit's heart.  Besides, it is someone else's fault.

Musk is among the rarest who is still willing to dream big. 

How's that for today's upbeat take on things?
There was a time in America when our heroes, those who pushed the boundaries of all that was, were revered as heroes, were identified with and held up to be examples of what we could all become. Now those who hold their manhood cheap look on with vitriolic envy and deride those who are exceptional, who strive for excellence because they, themselves, will never match that mark and they are too small and petty to laud those who can and will.

C S Lewis