Author Topic: Navy unveils 57 recommendations from Task Force One Navy to promote diversity, inclusion in the Flee  (Read 370 times)

rangerrebew

Navy unveils 57 recommendations from Task Force One Navy to promote diversity, inclusion in the Fleet
Diana Stancy Correll
23 hours ago

The Navy must capitalize on mentorship, advocacy and accountability to counter inequality and bias in the ranks, according to the initial report of Task Force One Navy, released Feb. 3.

“As a Navy — uniform and civilian, active and reserve — we cannot tolerate discrimination of any kind, and must engage in open and honest conversations with each other and take action,” said Adm. Mike Gilday, the chief of naval operations, in a statement. “That is why we stood up ‘Task Force One Navy’ — to identify and remove racial barriers, improve inclusion efforts, create new opportunities for professional development, and eliminate obstacles to enter the Navy.”

“We have fallen short in the past by excluding or limiting opportunity for people on the basis of race, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender or creed,” Gilday said. “Our Navy must continue to remove barriers to service, and most importantly, be a shining example of a workforce centered on respect, inclusive of all. Simply put, all Sailors — uniformed and civilian — and applicants for accession to the Navy must be treated with dignity and respect above all else.”

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/02/03/navy-unveils-57-recommendations-from-task-force-one-navy-to-promote-diversity-inclusion-in-the-fleet/

rangerrebew

Does he mean honest and open discussions like the Navy  had with Captain Crozier? :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
YES,YES! If there is one thing a military force needs more than anything else it is Die-versity!  9999hair out0000

Why is it I suspect this was pushed by flag officers who reached their current positions due to AA promotions?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is what "it's now about" in the military.

Winning conflicts?
No thanks. That's so indicative of "systemic racism"...

BassWrangler

Meanwhile China is genetically engineering super soldiers. We are going to get our ass kicked.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Meanwhile China is genetically engineering super soldiers. We are going to get our ass kicked.

@BassWrangler

I doubt that. They already have more people,including soldiers than they can take care of,so why would they do that?

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I never realized diversity was so important in running a ship.

When I was in, the Sonar Girls were the ears, the Nukes were busy pushing and providing water and power, and the fact that some were white, others not, didn't make a damn bit of difference.

EVERY crewman was expected to do their job as a professional.

Somebody needs to explain how skin color can affect reactor start-up and safety or ship handling.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

The United States is never going into armed conflict with China.

That's why Winnie the Pooh purchased Ho Biden.   Through his son Hoover, the Biden crime family will sell the rest of the US to the Chinese for pennies.

Besides, the Chinese can't invade the US.  The real Americans would recognize the opportunity this would present and destroy both Invader and Rodent with their privately held arsenals.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

rangerrebew

Just remember the root word of diversity is divide and that's exactly what the left, and now military, are doing with it. :reaper:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How'd that work out for them on the border with India? When you have an almost unlimited supply of cannon fodder do you need to waste time and money polishing the cannon balls?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How'd that work out for them on the border with India? When you have an almost unlimited supply of cannon fodder do you need to waste time and money polishing the cannon balls?

@GtHawk

BINGO!