Author Topic: Liz Cheney Defends Supporting Trump Impeachment: ‘I Won’t Apologize for the Vote’  (Read 908 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney Defends Supporting Trump Impeachment: ‘I Won’t Apologize for the Vote’

Joshua Caplan 3 Feb 2021

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Wednesday defended her decision to vote in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump, telling colleagues in a closed-door meeting, “I won’t apologize for the vote.”

CNN reports:

Cheney delivered an eight-minute speech near the beginning of the Wednesday meeting, two people in the room said, offering what was described as a calm yet firm defense of the Constitution. She did not apologize during her remarks.

Cheney also told members that she wanted a vote to be called on her leadership status, which was interpreted by some in the room as an act of confidence in her standing with a broader cross-section of Republicans, the majority of which did not air their grievances toward her.

Yet Cheney fielded several contentious questions and comments from Trump loyalists, a person in the room said, including Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, who bluntly said she “aided and comforted the enemy.” Rep. Darryl Issa of California asked Cheney if they kept her in leadership, whether she would do it again. Rep. Matt Rosendale of Montana engaged in a fiery exchange with her, a person in the room said, speaking loudly and angrily at Cheney.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/03/liz-cheney-defends-supporting-trump-impeachment-i-wont-apologize-for-the-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You go, girl!  And keep going.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Liz Cheney Defends Supporting Trump Impeachment: ‘I Won’t Apologize for the Vote’

Joshua Caplan 3 Feb 2021

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Wednesday defended her decision to vote in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump, telling colleagues in a closed-door meeting, “I won’t apologize for the vote.”

In her defense of her vote, did she happen to cite any evidence that was presented to the House beforehand?  Any evidence at all?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Thats fine, 'cause if you did many of us wouldn't accept it.

We'll see what happens the next time you ask Wyomingites to send you back to DC.

Offline mountaineer

That's swell, Liz. Have you started planning what you're going to do for a living after the 2022 election?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
She does not need to worry about income.  I am sure she is worth tens if not hundreds of millions. 

But her primary opponent will be the 2nd person I will be giving a donation to.  She needs to be booted from the party.  Charlie McCarthy  is such a weak sister, he kept her in her power position because he is just one more pawn.  Cheney needs to be sent packing along with ALL RINOs.

Online Right_in_Virginia

‘I Won’t Apologize for the Vote’

But Wyoming-At Large will for theirs.  I'm betting they fix their mistake, too.

Offline LegalAmerican

She does not need to worry about income.  I am sure she is worth tens if not hundreds of millions. 

But her primary opponent will be the 2nd person I will be giving a donation to.  She needs to be booted from the party.  Charlie McCarthy  is such a weak sister, he kept her in her power position because he is just one more pawn.  Cheney needs to be sent packing along with ALL RINOs.

Save your money, unless THE REAL POTUS is instated.  TRUMP! 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But Wyoming-At Large will for theirs.  I'm betting they fix their mistake, too.

The kind of Republican voters who live in Wyoming have better memories than Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Republicans have to decide are they a party for the future, or do they dwell in the past?  Cheney and her ilk are the past.  The one thing Trump did for the Republican Party was to show them they can represent a broad base of people, and not a select few.

CHENEY HAS TO GO WITH THE NEXT ELECTION!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber predicts:
"The kind of Republican voters who live in Wyoming have better memories than Rats."

We'll see about that...  a lot of memories fade in 2 years.
(although I hope you're right)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cyber predicts:
"The kind of Republican voters who live in Wyoming have better memories than Rats."

We'll see about that...  a lot of memories fade in 2 years.
(although I hope you're right)

Conservative Republican voters in Wyoming never trusted Liz Cheney.  Their allegiance to Liz is not automatic, like it was with Pops.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Conservative Republican voters in Wyoming never trusted Liz Cheney.  Their allegiance to Liz is not automatic, like it was with Pops.

Yabbutt... Cheney is a big name in WY... and they own the republican machine. Direct correlation to McAin'ts down by you... And Murkowski in AK...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yabbutt... Cheney is a big name in WY... and they own the republican machine. Direct correlation to McAin'ts down by you... And Murkowski in AK...

Very true, and that puts every GOP voter on the horns of a dilemma.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Very true, and that puts every GOP voter on the horns of a dilemma.

Which is why I am no longer a Republican. I belong to the 'Throw all them bastards out' (TATBOP) party  :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Which is why I am no longer a Republican. I belong to the 'Throw all them bastards out' (TATBOP) party  :laugh:

Then I guess I know how you would be voting in WY, if you live there, in 2022.  tri22
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Then I guess I know how you would be voting in WY, if you live there, in 2022.  tri22

You can bet your sweet bippy. WTH is a bippy anyway? And do they only come in 'sweet'? What if you have a sour one? Can you bet that?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You can bet your sweet bippy. WTH is a bippy anyway? And do they only come in 'sweet'? What if you have a sour one? Can you bet that?

Dick Martin did the perv act on Laugh-in, so who knows?
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

The kind of Republican voters who live in Wyoming have better memories than Rats.
I pray you are correct.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Playing right into the Dems' hands, I see.

Why are Trump supporters so easily manipulated?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Because we're stupid, @Jazzhead.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

That's what he tells us, anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

But you'll be on another thread later today, crying about the lack of civility on the board.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But you'll be on another thread later today, crying about the lack of civility on the board.

And lousy Moderating.  I particularly liked that one.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Nothing plays into the Dem's hands more than continuing to bashing Trump while legitimizing the fascist Dem takeover of America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-