Author Topic: McCarthy announces no disciplinary actions against Greene  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy announces no disciplinary actions against Greene
« on: February 03, 2021, 10:23:25 pm »
McCarthy announces no disciplinary actions against Greene
By Juliegrace Brufke - 02/03/21 05:15 PM EST

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) announced no disciplinary actions against Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) in a statement released as he met with his caucus.

During the meeting, he told members he did not want to remove Greene from her committee assignment, according to a senior GOP source in the room.

In the statement, McCarthy condemned her incendiary remarks, but offered no disciplinary actions.

“Past comments from and endorsed by Marjorie Taylor Greene on school shootings, political violence, and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories do not represent the values or beliefs of the House Republican Conference," the statement read.

"I condemn those comments unequivocally. I condemned them in the past. I continue to condemn them today. This House condemned QAnon last Congress and continues to do so today.”

McCarthy met with Greene on Tuesday, and the GOP leader said he gave her the same message.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537235-mccarthy-announces-no-actions-against-greene
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McCarthy announces no disciplinary actions against Greene
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 10:25:05 pm »
Pelosi issues statement blasting 'cowardly' GOP leader 'McCarthy (Q-CA)'
By Joseph Choi - 02/03/21 04:41 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) office called out House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Wednesday for failing to take action against GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), referring to him as “McCarthy (Q-CA)” and mocking him for a lack of courage in a statement circulated by her office.

The toughly worded statement used critical remarks from Republicans such as Senate Minority Whip John Thune (S.D.) to underscore a GOP divide over Greene, who has supported the QAnon conspiracy theory in the past.

Democrats have set up a House vote Thursday to remove Greene from her committee assignments because of a series of controversial past statements by the first-term lawmaker, who has questioned whether school shootings were faked and supported calls for violence against Pelosi and other Democratic officials.

“After several conversations and literally running away from reporters, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Q-CA) made clear that he is refusing to take action against conspiracy theorist Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene,” the release stated.

As a result, the House will continue with a vote to strip Greene of her seat on the esteemed House Committee on Education & Labor and House Committee on Budget. McCarthy’s failure to lead his party effectively hands the keys over to Greene – an anti-Semite, QAnon adherent and 9/11 Truther."

The release said McCarthy’s "cowardly refusal to deal with Greene breaks with calls from Senator Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Rep. Adam Kinzinger, the Republican Jewish Coalition and several prominent members of the party to take action against Greene."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537228-pelosi-refers-to-gop-leader-as-mccarthy-q-ca
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:51:07 pm »
McCarthy needs to make crazy Pelosi a counter offer; When you take action against criminal actions such as Hitlery has taken part in, then we can move on to discuss Greene!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 11:11:11 pm »
Well I guess this is some sort of departure from the typical GOP move.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 11:13:16 pm »
Well I guess this is some sort of departure from the typical GOP move.

A small spine growth?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 01:57:01 am »
A small spine growth?

Not at all.  He did this as a bone-toss to us right wing extremists in response for letting Lizzie the Lez off the hook.

It's a stupid idea. The Rats will amp up their bitching while Normals stay on the Cheney target.  No spine was grown this day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: