Author Topic: Manchin backs budget reconciliation for relief bill but with a warning  (Read 277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin backs budget reconciliation for relief bill but with a warning
By Alexander Bolton - 02/02/21 01:28 PM EST

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), a pivotal centrist swing vote, announced Tuesday he will vote to advance a Democratic budget resolution, while warning that he wants leadership to work with Republicans on a bipartisan COVID-19 relief package.

“I will vote to move forward with the budget process because we must address the urgency of the COVID-19 crisis. But let me be clear — these are words I shared with President Biden — our focus must be on the COVID-19 crisis and Americans who have been most impacted by this pandemic,” Manchin said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon.

Manchin’s remarks signal that even though he will support fellow Democrats on a key procedural vote to set up passing a COVID-19 relief package, he could still block any package that leadership tries to pass solely with Democratic votes under the budget reconciliation process.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/536983-manchin-backs-budget-reconciliation-for-relief-bill-but-with-a-warning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Manchin backs budget reconciliation for relief bill but with a warning
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 06:47:32 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 07:56:22 pm »
It looks like the democrat con-job of leaving desperate Americans dangling on a hook, while spending lavish amounts of money on foreigners and the rich will continue.  Pelosi can tell you next election just  how much she cares for citizens, whom she really despises, and use dangling stimulus money in front of citizens, just before the next election to bribe their votes.  Years of democrats forcing people to be out of work, and years making them wait for promised help, while dumping the Treasury on the rich and foreigners/foreign nations.
 Pelosi is conducting a national I.Q. test, who can/is PASSING THE TEST?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:54:15 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:00:51 am »
Another empty Manchin promise.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: