Author Topic: McConnell says Taylor Greene's embrace of conspiracy theories a 'cancer' to GOP, country  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell says Taylor Greene's embrace of conspiracy theories a 'cancer' to GOP, country
By Juliegrace Brufke and Scott Wong - 02/01/21 07:15 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday blasted Georgia GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s embrace of “loony lies and conspiracy theories” as a “cancer for the Republican Party.”

“Somebody who’s suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.’s airplane is not living in reality,” McConnell said in a statement first shared with The Hill. “This has nothing to do with the challenges facing American families or the robust debates on substance that can strengthen our party.”

McConnell didn't mention Greene by name in his three-sentence statement, but his rare, scathing remarks about a freshman GOP lawmaker from the other chamber suggests he recognizes the potential damage her violent rhetoric and bizarre conspiracy theories could inflict on congressional Republicans as they try to take back both the House and Senate in next year’s midterms. 

Greene responded on Twitter, writing that "the real cancer for the Republican Party is weak Republicans who only know how to lose gracefully."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/536850-mcconnell-says-taylor-greene-a-cancer-to-gop-country
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I don’t know if McConnell’s charges are true, maybe they are.

But I DO know Greene’s charges are true.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Looks like some people in Kentucky managed to elect someone to represent them in Washington who wasn't on the GOPe approved list.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:02:14 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shove it, Bitch.  I'd rather have a Q-bert than a Senator who doesn't want to see there are enemies in our government.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Well, an airplane DID hit the Pentagon, the Sandy Hook murders WERE NOT pre-staged, and I don't know why anyone has to invoke the Clinton Crime Spree when Junior was too stupid to know to not fly into weather he wasn't certified to fly in.

So McConnell did list two certified looney whack-job conspiracy cons and one likely one.   I mean, with the Clintons implicated in so many other murders, it's not IMPOSSIBLE that Drunken Hillary had Junior offed, because she crazeeee, but I doubt if the people relaying the orders would have gone along with that one.   

Or maybe he was killed because he wouldn't go to Epstein Island and be fitted with collar and leash, like so many others were?  Just spitballing here...remember, Epstein didn't kill himself.

But I agree with McConnell that the GOP needs to stick to the REAL conspiracies, about the Rodents election fraud and the RINO's acquiescence to the crime after the fact.    She doesn't need to go to the looney bin of history to talk about conspiracies.   Traitor McConnell is right that the stupid broad is making the GOP look bad, because the looniness is food for the Rodent media.

But, THIS is what's important in this story:

Democrats are threatening to force a floor vote this week to oust the controversial Georgia Republican from the Education and Labor Committee and the Budget Committee if House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) does not remove her first.

Shall we start a pool to see which Congressfemme McCarthy pulls from her committee assignments first, Greene or Cheney?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:08:30 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.