Author Topic: Electric Cars Are Coming, and Fast. Is the Nation’s Grid Up to It?  (Read 470 times)

rangerrebew

Electric Cars Are Coming, and Fast. Is the Nation’s Grid Up to It?

GM’s decision this week to phase out gasoline vehicles is the latest in a major shift that will mean dramatic new demands on electric utilities. Here are four things that will need to happen.

Major automakers are increasingly betting that millions of new cars and trucks over the next decade will be plugged into electrical outlets, not fueled up at gas stations. That raises a question: Is the nation’s power grid ready to handle this surge of new electric vehicles?

Today, fewer than 1 percent of cars on America’s roads are electric. But a seismic shift is underway.

https://distincttoday.net/2021/01/29/electric-cars-are-coming-and-fast-is-the-nations-grid-up-to-it/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep, they'll be all over the road...

...wishing there was some place to charge up.

Wishing they had enough battery to run the heater.

(or keep a light on so the snowplow doesn't hit them).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Where is the energy going to come from, that is necessary to extract and transport the chemicals needed to make the batteries?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Where is the energy going to come from, that is necessary to extract and transport the chemicals needed to make the batteries?

Liberal Logic at its best.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

From here, silly.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oil and gas runs the real world.
Green energy runs liberal fantasyland.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Oil and gas runs the real world.
Green energy runs liberal fantasyland.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Electric Cars Are Coming, and Fast. Is the Nation’s Grid Up to It?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 03:52:27 am »
From here, silly.

All I could think of was that those outlets looked like a pair of faces in sad disbelief...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis