Author Topic: How Do Aliens Solve Climate Change?  (Read 225 times)

rangerrebew

How Do Aliens Solve Climate Change?
« on: January 31, 2021, 05:01:53 pm »
How Do Aliens Solve Climate Change?

Scientists recently modeled a range of interactions between energy-intensive civilizations and their planets. The results were sobering.
Adam Frank
May 30, 2018

The universe does many things. It makes galaxies, comets, black holes, neutron stars, and a whole mess more. We’ve lately discovered that it makes a great deal of planets, but it’s not clear whether it regularly makes energy-hungry civilizations, nor is it clear whether such civilizations inevitably drive their planets into climate change. There’s lots of hope riding on our talk about building a sustainable civilization on Earth. But how do we know that’s even possible? Does anyone across the cosmos ever make it?

Remarkably, science has now advanced to point where we can take a first step at answering this question. I know this because my colleagues and I have just published a first study mapping out possible histories of alien planets, the civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows. Our team was made up of astronomers, an earth scientist, and an urban ecologist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/05/how-do-aliens-solve-climate-change/561479/?utm_medium=offsite&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=newsstand-science

rangerrebew

Re: How Do Aliens Solve Climate Change?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 05:06:21 pm »
Aliens?  I thought that word wasn't to be used, per the government.  These "aliens" are now future citizens and I have news for The Atlantic - they are already among us.  We know them better as liberals and democrats. :yowsa:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: How Do Aliens Solve Climate Change?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:11:45 pm »
IF there are aliens, they have for sure given up on the United States based on present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.