Author Topic: I Can’t Bring Myself to Care Anymore.. Derek Hunter  (Read 145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I Can’t Bring Myself to Care Anymore.. Derek Hunter
« on: January 31, 2021, 03:10:26 pm »
I Can’t Bring Myself to Care Anymore
Derek Hunter

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 12:01 AM

There was a time when an allegation of racism was one of the worst things someone could be accused of. Now, it’s a punchline. Back in the day, the word had meaning – aside from an occasional Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson shakedown, it was not cavalierly tossed around to score political points and it was not reported on without something close to irrefutable proof. Now it’s a debate tactic of the left to avoid serious engagement and cover for a lack of factual back-up. Everything is “racist” now, and as someone who actually used to care, who was disgusted at the concept and its existence, thanks to the weaponization of the term, I can’t bring myself to care about it anymore.

When I was younger, one of my many jobs was working in a machine shop that built devices to shape metal. I don’t want to be more specific than that because the company still exists and my account is based solely on what I saw at the time and hopefully has changed, but the company sure came off as racist for the few months I was there.

In one of the many times in which I was desperate for a job, I saw a help wanted sign in an industrial park outside a non-descript building and walked in. After filling out an application, handed it over to the foreman, and after a quick “interview,” I was hired on the spot and told to start the next day. It was amazingly easy.

Happy to have a job, I went about it without paying attention to much else. But it was boring, repetitive work – taking a piece, drilling a hole in it, stacking it in another bin for assembly. Mind-numbing for someone with a desire for more but no drive or clue how to do anything about it would be the perfect words to describe it. But it was a job, and just having a job was the extent of my career goal at the time.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/01/31/i-cant-bring-myself-to-care-anymore-n2583960
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: I Can’t Bring Myself to Care Anymore.. Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:54:41 pm »
The Rodents have been using fails claims of racism to promote their own racist agenda for longer than I've been alive, and I was born before the Bay of Pigs.

Remember "busing"?   How it was used to degrade the education of white people, while claiming it was the white people who were "racist"?   

What was the correct solution to the education disparity between white and black schools?  To raise the standards applied to the black schools and end disparities in funding AND to require THE SAME standards in testing.   Forced migration wasn't the answer, it didn't work, and made matters worse.

Race-based Gerrymandering benefits the Rodents exclusively.

Proclaiming that holding elections on only one day is somehow "racism", as is Voter ID, and, I suppose, the requirement that voters still be breathing when their ballot is cast...for Democrats.

What do Horst Wessel, Trayvon "Thug" Martin, Thug Mountain (that Ferguson Monster), Willy Horton, Rodney King, the Cigarette Singles Guy in NYC, the Neck-Under-Foot Guy in Minneapolis, and any of a number of other otherwise useless people have in common?

They're all cartoon cutouts used by racists to promote their own racist agenda.

And the rubes fall for it every time.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.