Author Topic: Massachusetts Democratic congressman, vaccinated for Covid-19, tests positive for virus  (Read 649 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Massachusetts Democratic congressman, vaccinated for Covid-19, tests positive for virus

Democratic Rep. Stephen Lynch of Massachusetts, who has been vaccinated for Covid-19, tested positive for the virus on Friday afternoon and remains asymptomatic, according to his spokeswoman.
"This afternoon U.S. Representative Stephen F. Lynch received a positive test result for COVID-19 after a staff member in the Congressman's Boston office had tested positive earlier in the week," Lynch's spokeswoman Molly Rose Tarpey said in a statement Friday.
The Massachusetts Democrat plans to isolate and will vote by proxy in Congress over the coming week, according to Tarpey.
The congressman had received a second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and had tested negative for Covid-19 before attending President Joe Biden's inauguration on January 20, Tarpey said. But she did not specify when Lynch received each dose of the vaccine.

Covid-19 vaccines prevent illness, but do not necessarily prevent infection. If someone tests positive and doesn't get sick, the vaccine has worked as intended. If someone tests positive within a few weeks of receiving the second dose, it may be because the vaccine hasn't yet fully kicked in................

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/stephen-lynch-tests-positive-covid/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rats do everything half-assed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rats do everything half-assed.

This is absolutely true!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Hoodat

Perhaps next time he decides to use his position as a Congressman to jump to the front of the line, he will choose a vaccine that provides immunity to the virus itself instead of an experimental vaccine that has never been tried before.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Perhaps next time he decides to use his position as a Congressman to jump to the front of the line, he will choose a vaccine that provides immunity to the virus itself instead of an experimental vaccine that has never been tried before.

Do we know he got the second shot?  Like I said...half-assed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Do we know he got the second shot?

The story says 'yes'.  But not against the virus itself.  And the test itself was probably the current one which the WHO just disapproved for having too high a cycle count.  Our numbers for the last 10 months have been inflated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Slide Rule

Rank has its privileges.

I wasn't aware that dims wished to be pilgrims.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online mountaineer

https://vaccinedeaths.com/#

This site has a bunch of stories about dire reactions to the vax, including deaths. I don't know anything else about the website or who's behind it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Covid-19 vaccines prevent illness, but do not necessarily prevent infection. If someone tests positive and doesn't get sick, the vaccine has worked as intended.

It's my understanding that this is key for all vaccines.  Further, without symptoms illness spread through the air is not contagious  --- and this is the feature that adds to herd immunity and the weakening of the virus.

But I haven't double-checked this specifically for Covid-19 with China or Fauci, so don't quote me.   happy77

Offline PeteS in CA

It's my understanding that this is key for all vaccines.  Further, without symptoms illness spread through the air is not contagious  --- and this is the feature that adds to herd immunity and the weakening of the virus.

But I haven't double-checked this specifically for Covid-19 with China or Fauci, so don't quote me.   happy77

Quoting you, wink777 , it takes finite time for an immune person's system to find and fight an infection, whether the immunity is from a vaccine or from acquiring the immunity naturally. And while the PCR tests won't mistake the influenza virus for the SARS-CoV-2, it is often/ usually run in a way that detects a very tiny amount, possibly dead fragments, of SARS-CoV-2.

So maybe this was a normal immune response timing thingy, maybe Lynch is a 6%er (Pfizer and Moderna have 94% efficacy), maybe the positive test picked DNA from a pre-vaccination infection.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:58:19 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.