Author Topic: Joe Biden’s Legislative Agenda Stalls in Congress  (Read 222 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden’s Legislative Agenda Stalls in Congress
« on: January 30, 2021, 02:35:44 am »
Joe Biden’s Legislative Agenda Stalls in Congress

Haris Alic 29 Jan 2021

More than a week into his administration, President Joe Biden’s legislative agenda seems to have hit a wall in Congress.

Biden, who served in the United States Senate for 36 years before his ascension to the vice presidency, was pitched as a “master legislator” by allies and supporters during the 2020 campaign. The president, himself, bolstered that image with constant references to his history of working across the aisle to craft bipartisan compromise.

“Compromise is not a dirty word, it’s how our government is designed to work,” Biden told the National Education Association last July. “I’ve done it my whole life.”

“I’ve been able to bring Democrats and Republicans together in the United States Congress to pass big things, to deal with big issues,” he added at the time.

Such efforts, made in an attempt to convince voters that Biden alone could break the decades-old gridlock of Washington, DC, did not stop after the election was over. In the months leading up to the inaugural, Biden and his team promised that they would be ready “on day one” to hit the ground running on a long list of legislative priorities.

Biden’s ambitions were only further displayed when a memo penned by incoming Chief of Staff Ron Klain was made public to the press earlier this month. In the document, Klain wrote that the administration’s first ten days would be vital to show the country a turning point had occurred.

With Biden marking his tenth day in the White House on Friday, however, the president’s legislative agenda appears to have stalled on Capitol Hill. The problem is partly a result of the president’s own actions, but also a result of institutional disarray among Democrats. While the party finds itself in control of the presidency and both houses of Congress for the first time since 2008, it appears unsure of how to exercise that authority

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/29/joe-bidens-legislative-agenda-stalls-in-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Joe Biden’s Legislative Agenda Stalls in Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 04:05:57 am »
Klain wrote that the administration’s first ten days would be vital to show the country a turning point had occurred.

Well I would say they have been more than successful, no one could miss that Biden and his puppeteers have taken the country in a sharp turn into the pit of despair and the scary thing is that they have only just begun.