Author Topic: Bill to compensate the wrongfully convicted in Idaho sent to Senate floor  (Read 532 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/01/bill-to-compensate-the-wrongfully-convicted-in-idaho-sent-to-senate-floor/

BOISE — A bill intended to compensate Idaho’s wrongfully convicted will now go to the Senate floor.

The Senate Judiciary and Rules committee unanimously voted to send the bill to the full Senate with a “do pass” recommendation. A similar bill failed in 2020 and Sen. Doug Ricks, R-Rexburg, hopes to pass the legislation with modifications he says should satisfy Gov. Brad Little.

“When I heard the bill had been vetoed, I was heartbroken,” Chris Tapp told the committee. “I thought of Charles Fain – another exoneree of Idaho who’s in his 70s and continues to support himself after 18 years on death row for a horrible crime he didn’t commit.”

Tapp spent a significant portion of his life behind bars after a jury convicted him for the 1996 rape and murder of Angie Dodge in Idaho Falls. In 2017, Tapp was released and two years later, he was exonerated after DNA evidence cleared him of the crime and was linked to another man.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Chris Tapp is a friend of mine.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame

INCINERATE

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I know EXACTLY how this man feels.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Such a law should be in place in every state.

2. Why in Hades was it vetoed.

The best prosecutor and jury makes mistakes (and some prosecutors are not "best", e.g. our new VP). The wrongly convicted should receive some compensation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/01/bill-to-compensate-the-wrongfully-convicted-in-idaho-sent-to-senate-floor/

BOISE — A bill intended to compensate Idaho’s wrongfully convicted will now go to the Senate floor.

The Senate Judiciary and Rules committee unanimously voted to send the bill to the full Senate with a “do pass” recommendation. A similar bill failed in 2020 and Sen. Doug Ricks, R-Rexburg, hopes to pass the legislation with modifications he says should satisfy Gov. Brad Little.

“When I heard the bill had been vetoed, I was heartbroken,” Chris Tapp told the committee. “I thought of Charles Fain – another exoneree of Idaho who’s in his 70s and continues to support himself after 18 years on death row for a horrible crime he didn’t commit.”

Tapp spent a significant portion of his life behind bars after a jury convicted him for the 1996 rape and murder of Angie Dodge in Idaho Falls. In 2017, Tapp was released and two years later, he was exonerated after DNA evidence cleared him of the crime and was linked to another man.

Let's hope this bill passes.  Can they not sue the state of ID for wrongful conviction and incarceration? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
1. Such a law should be in place in every state.

2. Why in Hades was it vetoed.

The best prosecutor and jury makes mistakes (and some prosecutors are not "best", e.g. our new VP). The wrongly convicted should receive some compensation.

This was no mistake. A vicious prosecution. I met him when he just came in. In 1997. He was a scared kid. I befriended him and had his back.

Good to see you back, Pete.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Let's hope this bill passes.  Can they not sue the state of ID for wrongful conviction and incarceration?

Tapp was released and two years later, he was exonerated after DNA evidence cleared him of the crime and was linked to another man.

He was released BECAUSE the DNA test cleared him. It took TWO MORE YEARS before the bastards let it go.