Author Topic: Leaving the GOP After 46 years and feeling 'politically homeless'  (Read 283 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Leaving the GOP After 46 years and feeling 'politically homeless'
By Myra Adams, Opinion Contributor — 01/29/21 02:30 PM EST

Forty-six years have passed since I first joined College Republicans. Sadly, after decades of embracing (and often defending) my Republican identity, I am re-registering as an independent voter. Psychologically this action equates to a painful divorce, leaving me disheartened, discouraged and alone.

But I am not alone. There are tens of thousands, perhaps even millions, of former Republicans newly estranged from the “Trumplican” Party — aptly named for the man who highjacked what used to be a “big tent” party. That’s the Republican Party I remember joining when those with diverse opinions were still welcomed.

In the Trumplican-era, RINOs (Republicans In Name Only), including those who worked for either of the President Bushes, Sens. John McCain and Mitt Romney, have been routinely demeaned, marginalized and branded with the most “despised” moniker — “Never Trumpers.”

Starting in mid-2016 after Trump won the presidential nomination, the old Grand Old Party whittled away, and the “big tent” was exclusively used for MAGA rallies. Rising from the passion was party leadership with cult-like allegiance to Donald J. Trump.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/536426-leaving-the-gop-after-46-years-and-feeling-politically-homeless
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Leaving the GOP After 46 years and feeling 'politically homeless'
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 08:06:26 pm »
Well, after being a registered Republican for 40 years, I have left the GOP. 

The article says that RINO's or the term evolved during the Trump era.  That's just plain out not true.  There was a dislike for McCain long before Trump announced his political campaign and 'W' sunk his own ship along with the Bush name.  Romney turned out to be a major disappointment and a backstabber.

So Myra Adams of the Hill, the Bushes, Romney's, McCains and the like can all kiss my grits!  I left the party because of them, not because of Trump.  The GOP lost its way because of the RINO's and they collapsed their own tent.

If the RINO's in the party didn't exist the GOP would still have a viable party and a conservative alternative to the liberal progressives and the DEM party.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 08:13:07 pm »
Hey if this becomes a trend among the NTers I might have to consider sticking around.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 08:20:10 pm »
Hey if this becomes a trend among the NTers I might have to consider sticking around.

It's always good when the trash takes itself out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 08:29:12 pm »

:crossed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 08:38:49 pm »
For every 10 butt hurted Mittbotts there were 11 disgruntled moderate dems that switched over to Trump. 

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 08:38:53 pm »
Leaving the GOP After 46 years and feeling 'politically homeless'
By Myra Adams, Opinion Contributor — 01/29/21 02:30 PM EST

Forty-six years have passed since I first joined College Republicans. Sadly, after decades of embracing (and often defending) my Republican identity, I am re-registering as an independent voter. Psychologically this action equates to a painful divorce, leaving me disheartened, discouraged and alone.

But I am not alone. There are tens of thousands, perhaps even millions, of former Republicans newly estranged from the “Trumplican” Party — aptly named for the man who highjacked what used to be a “big tent” party. That’s the Republican Party I remember joining when those with diverse opinions were still welcomed.

In the Trumplican-era, RINOs (Republicans In Name Only), including those who worked for either of the President Bushes, Sens. John McCain and Mitt Romney, have been routinely demeaned, marginalized and branded with the most “despised” moniker — “Never Trumpers.”

Starting in mid-2016 after Trump won the presidential nomination, the old Grand Old Party whittled away, and the “big tent” was exclusively used for MAGA rallies. Rising from the passion was party leadership with cult-like allegiance to Donald J. Trump.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/536426-leaving-the-gop-after-46-years-and-feeling-politically-homeless

My advice to the author: please kill yourself. Sick of this negativism.