Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to Ted Cruz: 'You almost had me murdered.'  (Read 369 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Jeremy Wallace 1/28/2021

If U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz was trying to extend an olive branch to U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, it certainly didn’t go as planned.

Cruz took to social media to agree with Ocasio-Cortez and her call for congressional hearings into how and why a financial services company — Robinhood Markets Inc. — decided to block retail investors from trading stocks.

But after Cruz tweeted out to his 4.2 million followers that he agreed with her, Ocasio-Cortez fired back.

“I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out,” she said, referring to Trump supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 shortly after Cruz led an effort in the Senate to delay certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-to-Ted-Cruz-You-15905959.php

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to Ted Cruz: 'You almost had me murdered.'
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 01:18:57 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 01:26:05 pm »
She's crazier'n a sh*thouse coon.

OR she's just too stupid not to be so bloody obvious about a strategy she and her party have privately discussed.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 01:29:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:51:15 pm »
Drama queen. Attention whore.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 02:17:22 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 03:33:52 pm »
 No, Ted Cruz Did Not Try To Have AOC Murdered

Manipulating language to impute guilt and wrongdoing to political opponents is dangerous, and the left should cut it out.

By John Daniel Davidson
January 29, 2021

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday accused Sen. Ted Cruz of almost having her murdered. Really.

She was responding to a two-word tweet from Cruz agreeing with her about the need for a congressional hearing about the recent stock market insanity. “Happy to work w/almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed,” she wrote, presumably with a straight face, before calling on Cruz to resign.

In fact, Cruz did not try to have AOC murdered. What he did do was formally object to the certification of the Electoral College vote in a more or less ceremonial joint session of Congress on Jan. 6, the same day an angry mob forced its way into the U.S. Capitol.

In AOC’s mind, Cruz is responsible for what happened, along with then-President Trump, Sen. Josh Hawley, and more than 120 other members of Congress. They incited the mob by questioning the election results, you see, and because some people in that mob were violent and unruly, Cruz and the others basically tried to have AOC murdered. Or so goes this thinking.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/29/no-ted-cruz-did-not-try-to-have-aoc-murdered/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:40:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34