Author Topic: Trump touts 'cordial' meeting with McCarthy in Florida  (Read 879 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump touts 'cordial' meeting with McCarthy in Florida
« on: January 28, 2021, 10:43:35 pm »
Trump touts 'cordial' meeting with McCarthy in Florida
By Brett Samuels - 01/28/21 03:31 PM EST

Former President Trump held a "good and cordial meeting" with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Thursday in Florida, the former president's team said, amid simmering tensions within the Republican caucus over how to handle Trump's place in the party.

"President Trump has agreed to work with Leader McCarthy on helping the Republican Party to become a majority in the House," the president's super PAC, "Save America," said in a readout that included a photo of the two men.

"They worked very well together in the last election and picked up at least 15 seats when most predicted it would be the opposite. They will do so again, and the work has already started."
ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy met with Trump in Palm Beach, where the former president has set up shop since leaving office.

The meeting with McCarthy came as the GOP leader struggles to keep his caucus happy in the aftermath of the mob attack that interrupted the certification of votes affirming President Biden's electoral victory.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/536357-trump-touts-cordial-meeting-with-mccarthy-in-florida
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump touts 'cordial' meeting with McCarthy in Florida
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 11:04:08 pm »
Can't help but wonder if Kevin owns a tie or shoe polish .....

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 12:09:17 am »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

1) McCarthy after Trump mtg: House Republicans and the Trump administration achieved historic results for all Americans. We were able to do this because we listened to and understood the concerns of our fellow citizens that had long been ignored.

2) McCarthy: As a result, House Republicans defied the experts and the media by expanding our growing coalition across the country. Today, President Trump committed to helping elect Republicans in the House and Senate in 2022.

3) McCarthy: A Republican majority will listen to our fellow Americans and solve the challenges facing our nation. Democrats, on the other hand, have only put forward an agenda that divides us -- such as impeaching a President who is now a private citizen...

4) McCarthy: ..and destroying blue-collar energy jobs. For the sake of our country, the radical Democrat agenda must be stopped.

A united conservative movement will strengthen the bonds of our citizens and uphold the freedoms our country was founded on.

4:36 PM · Jan 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1354906285108580357

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 07:07:44 pm »
Apparently the word "Cheney" was never spoken.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 08:51:30 pm »

Wasn't necessary @Cyber Liberty .  Here's what Matt Gaetz was doing while Trump was meeting with McCarthy:   happy77

Rep. Matt Gaetz speaks at anti-Cheney rally at Wyoming Capitol

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:23:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 09:09:19 pm »
Wasn't necessary @Cyber Liberty .  Here's what Matt Gatz was doing while Trump was meeting with McCarthy:   happy77

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 09:14:28 pm »
Can't help but wonder if Kevin owns a tie or shoe polish .....

OMG!!!  :rolling: :rolling:  That was the very first thing I thought when I saw the picture.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 09:14:48 pm »
:thumbsup:

I second that.  Nepotism Lizzy can GTH.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 09:18:21 pm »
Wasn't necessary @Cyber LibertyHere's what Matt Gatz was doing while Trump was meeting with McCarthy:   happy77

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This guy is on my donate list!

I don't see the benefit to Trump of meeting with McCarthy. As best I can tell McCarthy is an establishment Pub, or just a squish, or both.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 09:22:09 pm »
I second that.  Nepotism Lizzy can GTH.....

She may be on her way @catfish1957

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 09:23:02 pm »

Agree.  Gaetz is a keeper!!  @bilo

Online dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 09:27:46 pm »

What happens with Cheney is ultimately up to the voters.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 09:28:50 pm »

I don't see the benefit to Trump of meeting with McCarthy. As best I can tell McCarthy is an establishment Pub, or just a squish, or both.

Love Gaetz.

McCarthy is a squish, but consider the establishment and their media stooges have been trying to make Trump radioactive and McCarthy making the pilgrimage to Mar a Lago means they've failed.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 09:40:55 pm »
Agree.  Gaetz is a keeper!!  @bilo

:amen:

Even if we can only give a little we need to donate to the Pubs who fight for us. You can bet the long knifes are out for them.

FWIW, I made a list and every month I give to one of the Pubs on it.

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 09:42:03 pm »

She shouldn't be in any position that represents the party.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 09:45:19 pm »

Ultimately, yes, but in the short term it's up to MaCarthy if she stays an influential member of the Leadership.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 10:09:29 pm »

The Republican caucus in the House can remove her from her leadership position in the interim @dfwgator   --- and they should.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 10:32:30 pm »
The Republican caucus in the House can remove her from her leadership position in the interim @dfwgator   --- and they should.

They won't.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 12:05:21 am »
One of those "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" kind of things? Or maybe McCarthy finally figured out the mood of the country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 12:25:29 am »
One of those "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" kind of things? Or maybe McCarthy finally figured out the mood of the country.

Possibly, but Trump has more political enemies than allies. He was wise to meet with McCarthy outside of DC.  McCarthy will be reporting any strategy back to his cronies in the swamp -- strictly my opinion.

Also, I believe Trump needs to leave ALL the DC politicians behind and those who actually leave the GOP and join him he might be able to consider as allies, but Trump has already stated that he's not interested in forming another party.

Obviously Trump feels that there is still some life left to the GOP, I think he is grossly miscalculating. There's a lot of life left to those who support Keeping America Great, but other than that DC is a cesspool deeper and darker than anyone could have ever imagined. He'd be wise to steer clear or they are going to engulf him completely.