Author Topic: Kinzinger: Voting to impeach Trump 'could very well be terminal to my career'  (Read 790 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger: Voting to impeach Trump 'could very well be terminal to my career'
By Joseph Choi - 01/28/21 09:42 AM EST

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) said in a podcast released Thursday that he was willing to lose his House seat when he voted to impeach former President Trump.

"I did it knowing full well it could very well be terminal to my career," Kinzinger told host David Axelrod while speaking on “The Axe Files,” CNN reports.

“But I also knew that I couldn't live with myself having, you know, try to just protect it and just felt like the one time I was called to do a really tough duty, I didn't do it."

Ten House Republicans including Kinzinger voted to impeach Trump, and all have come under staunch criticism from Trump allies for their votes.

Many if not all of them are likely to face primary challenges as a result. It's also possible that Kinzinger's district could change as a result of redistricting in the state.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/536260-kinzinger-voting-to-impeach-trump-could-very-well-be-terminal-to-my-career?rl=1#.YBLOK2PjBiE.twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wuz this guy in a primary or anything?
How did he win in the first place?

Offline skeeter

The *sshole is trying to spin what turned out to be a political boner into a carefully considered high minded act of conscious.

You bet he dearly wants to keep his seat and if he had it to do all over again, he would've kissed Trump's arse.

Guess I don't blame him but... no sale.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 01:41:54 am by skeeter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wuz this guy in a primary or anything?
How did he win in the first place?

I used to like him...but he has changed IMHO
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Kinzinger: Voting to impeach Trump 'could very well be terminal to my career'
"I did it knowing full well it could very well be terminal to my career," Kinzinger told host David Axelrod while speaking on “The Axe Files,” CNN reports.

That he went on Axelrod's show should tell you all you need to know.
James 1:20

Offline Hoodat

“But I also knew that I couldn't live with myself having, you know, try to just protect it and just felt like the one time I was called to do a really tough duty, I didn't do it."

So without seeing a single shred of evidence against Trump, you voted to impeach.  And you say you can live with that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Fries, Cries, and Demise

What are the  career options and emotions for Kinzinger on January 20, 2023.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That he went on Axelrod's show should tell you all you need to know.
Rachel Madcow was booked?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dancer

Fries, Cries, and Demise

:silly: :silly: :silly: Love it!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fries, Cries, and Demise

Really Top Notch!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It is immediately clear that this jackass has no idea what he is there for, it's not supposed to be a career or a place to become wealthy, it's supposed to be making a short term personal sacrifice for your country. Well it was supposed to be, but now Congressman or Congresswoman and Senator is a career where not only do they line their own pockets but those of their families at the expense of the very Americans they swore to serve. There needs to be a sea change where two terms are the limit, no lifetime pensions and perks and no more being above the laws we pesky little people have to obey.

Okay, fantasy time is over, time to wake up, another day another load of @!$** from Captain Dementia and his puppeteers.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Notice engaging in some of the worst political fraud/gaming.  He proclaims the high ground, most moral of moral sacrificing to help falsely lynch President Trump and keep Trump from further politics. Like a active whore claiming the high ground and on Sunday morning preaching at the churches preacher.  He fits right in with modern day liberals, hypocrisy as moral high ground, whore.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions