Author Topic: VA secretary nominee sails through confirmation hearing  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
VA secretary nominee sails through confirmation hearing
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:51:23 am »
VA secretary nominee sails through confirmation hearing
By Ellen Mitchell - 01/27/21 07:04 PM EST

Denis McDonough, President Biden’s pick to head the Department of Veterans Affairs, wants to get the nation’s veterans through the coronavirus pandemic starting day one, if confirmed.

“The president directed me to focus on getting out veterans through this pandemic,” McDonough said in his opening statement to the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee at his confirmation hearing.

The task is a daunting one as, if confirmed, McDonough would be responsible for the massive undertaking of administering COVID-19 vaccines to millions of veterans and VA employees across the country.

McDonough, a former White House chief of staff under President Obama, also vowed he would have a “relentless focus” on providing timely, top health care to veterans; ensuring they have access to VA benefits; reducing veteran suicide and homelessness; making the agency more inclusive for women, minority and LGBTQ veterans; and building trust.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/536218-va-secretary-nominee-sails-through-confirmation-hearing-faces-challenges-ahead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: VA secretary nominee sails through confirmation hearing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 05:39:10 am »
Democrats don't appoint anyone that's not a deep Stater.  Sailed through, really? Shocking i tell yah, absolutely shocking!   :pondering: :silly: :pondering:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions