Author Topic: Sen. Tom Carper announces bill to give D.C. statehood  (Read 153 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Tom Carper announces bill to give D.C. statehood
« on: January 27, 2021, 11:31:12 pm »
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 1:15 PM PT – Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) recently introduced a bill aimed at making Washington, D.C. a state. He took to Twitter Wednesday to discuss his efforts to “give the over 700,000 D.C. residents a voice, vote and full representation in Congress.”

Senator Tom Carper
@SenatorCarper
For years, I have fought alongside @EleanorNorton and @MayorBowser to make #DCStatehood a reality and to give the over 700,000 D.C. residents a voice, vote, and full representation in Congress.

Today, I'm proud to introduce #S51 to make D.C. the 51st state in our Union.

Democrats would need at least 60 votes in the upper chamber to pass the proposal, but they may only need a simple majority if the filibuster is abolished.

https://www.oann.com/sen-tom-carper-announces-bill-to-give-d-c-statehood/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Sen. Tom Carper announces bill to give D.C. statehood
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 11:38:40 pm »
I did a search on creating a state, and it indicated that a SIMPLE MAJORITY is all that is needed, not 60 votes in the Senate.

Manchin votes for this he loses his election in West Virginia.  Maybe he is ready to exit.