Author Topic: HUGE: Schumer’s Dreams Crushed After Two Democrat Senators Oppose Ending The Filibuster  (Read 1089 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not sure making DC a state is constitutional.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

And I'm not sure anyone in the Dim Party gives a rabid rats ass about the Constitution.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
IIRC, because Puerto Rico is a commonwealth they do not pay federal income tax although they do get subsidized by the federal govt.

@bilo

Isn't the motto of PR "Iz not my yob,man!"? IIRC,it is on their flag.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Quote from: Hoodat on Today at 11:40:44 AM
Puerto Rico doesn't want to become a State. And DC won't be willing to give up the Seat of Government for Statehood.  Without federal government jobs, Washington becomes a cesspool worse off than Baltimore.  Because at least Baltimore has a port.

Hoodat, you are wrong about Puerto Rico.  A year or two ago Puerto Rico had a referendum, and they voted that they wanted to become a state.  There were prior votes that did not make it, but the most recent referendum approved to move forward for statehood.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jafo wrote:
"What part of Puerto Rico and Washington DC being 95%+ registered Democommie do you not understand?  For eternity, there will be four Dem senators should these become states.
It is imperative for Republicans to not let this happen.  If it does, they will be in the minority for eternity.  We become a one party system."

A 50-50 standoff.
Sounds like "1860 all over again" to me.

Fishrrman 100% fearless prediction:
It ain't gonna be 50-50 forever.
Maybe not even by the end of the year...

Offline Hoodat

Hoodat, you are wrong about Puerto Rico.  A year or two ago Puerto Rico had a referendum, and they voted that they wanted to become a state. 

I stand corrected.  There was a referendum on their ballot this last November.  Not sure if they use Dominion voting machines, but they could have easily gotten some on loan from Venezuela.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-