Author Topic: Taiwan Now the 'Flashpoint' for Biden Administration's China Policy, Flournoy Says  (Read 276 times)

rangerrebew

Taiwan Now the 'Flashpoint' for Biden Administration's China Policy, Flournoy Says

25 Jan 2021
Military.com | By Richard Sisk

When the Navy carrier Roosevelt entered the South China Sea on the same day Chinese bombers and fighters flew into Taiwan's airspace, it signaled how difficult it will be for the Biden administration to craft a new China policy, former Pentagon policy chief Michele Flournoy said Monday.

"Taiwan has really become the flashpoint" of U.S. China relations following efforts in the waning days of the Trump administration to bolster military ties to Taiwan, said Flournoy, who was widely expected to be nominated to lead the Pentagon under Biden. The job of defense secretary ultimately went to Retired Army Gen. Lloyd Austin.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/01/25/taiwan-now-flashpoint-biden-administrations-china-policy-flournoy-says.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Show of hands who didn't expect this.  Chicoms are really only feeling out who is really in charge besides the Dementia in Chief.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ironhorsedriver

To be honest, I don't think the Biden Admin would do a thing, the UN either.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Taiwan today...
Japan tomorrow...
and Israel the day after that...
This is the world going crazy. Since China now owns America, everything is on the table.
But not to worry?
I'm sure Kamala will make everything right again?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.