Author Topic: BARR: A Motion To Dismiss For Lack Of Jurisdiction Should Swiftly End The Senate Impeachment Farce  (Read 307 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BARR: A Motion To Dismiss For Lack Of Jurisdiction Should Swiftly End The Senate Impeachment Farce

Former Rep. Bob Barr
Contributor
January 25, 2021 9:55 AM ET

If there was perhaps one mistake our Founders made in drafting the Constitution, it was presuming that future members of the Legislative Branch would be sufficiently competent to actually read the document to which they all had sworn an oath. It is, however, increasingly clear that many – perhaps most — sitting United States senators cannot read the plain text of the Constitution.

The relevant wording in the Constitution is at the very end of Article II, establishing that a constitutionally errant “President,  .  .  .  shall be removed from Office” if he first has been impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate for “high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” Unlike other sections of the Constitution where clarity may be obscured by arcane wording, this particular provision is clear and concise, and it applies to “the President.” The language pointedly does not provide in any way, shape, or form that a “Former President” or an “Ex-President” may be similarly punished, only the President.

The 100-member Senate at this moment is split right down the middle between those who identify as Republicans and those who identify as Democrats.  Democrat leader Chuck Schumer has declared openly and without hesitancy that as the self-styled “Majority Leader,” he will move forward within days to try Donald Trump. The goal of such a trial would be to find Mr. Trump guilty of the single Article of Impeachment passed on Jan. 13 by a majority of representatives on the other side of the Capitol Dome.

While many GOP senators remain openly opposed to Schumer’s plan, it appears that a number of Republican senators, notably including the most recent “Majority Leader” – Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell – have signed on to the notion that there will be a trial as demanded by Schumer.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/25/barr-a-motion-to-dismiss-for-lack-of-jurisdiction-should-swiftly-end-the-senate-impeachment-farce/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And the fact that the House trial was a sham, with nothing but rapid frothing dogs barking at an orange chew toy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And the fact that the House trial was a sham, with nothing but rapid frothing dogs barking at an orange chew toy.

McConnell ought to make a one time offer to the Chuckles and his band of idiots for a censure before embarrasing them being well short of 67 votes to convict.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Is AG Barr even relevant anymore?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

When the bitch Tliab skated, he lost relevance IMO.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Uh...this is Robert Barr, formerly of the US House of Representatives.

And he assumes a lot when he writes that the SCOTUS would dismiss it on the grounds of "Lack of Jursidiction."

SCOTUS turned the Cynicism Dial up to 11 last month.  They will do anything it takes to move the leftist agenda forward.  Climb any mountain, swim any sea, cross any bridge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Uh...this is Robert Barr, formerly of the US House of Representatives.

And he assumes a lot when he writes that the SCOTUS would dismiss it on the grounds of "Lack of Jursidiction."

SCOTUS turned the Cynicism Dial up to 11 last month.  They will do anything it takes to move the leftist agenda forward.  Climb any mountain, swim any sea, cross any bridge.

DING! DING! DING!  Winner here folks!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien