Author Topic: Groundbreaking New Laser System Cuts Through Earth's Atmosphere Like It's Nothing  (Read 297 times)

rangerrebew

Groundbreaking New Laser System Cuts Through Earth's Atmosphere Like It's Nothing
MIKE MCRAE
22 JANUARY 2021

To artists and romantics, the twinkling of stars is visual poetry; a dance of distant light as it twists and bends through a turbulent ocean of air above our heads.

Not everybody is so enamoured with our atmosphere's distortions. To many scientists and engineers, a great deal of research and ground-to-satellite communication would be a whole lot easier if the air simply wasn't there.

Losing our planet's protective bubble of gases isn't exactly a popular option. But Australian and French researchers have teamed up to design the next best thing – a system that guides light through the tempestuous currents of rippling air with the flick of a mirror.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-ground-breaking-new-laser-link-treats-our-atmosphere-as-if-it-doesn-t-even-exist

rangerrebew

I don't suppose the military sees any application for this technology. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline skeeter

I don't suppose the military sees any application for this technology. *****rollingeyes*****

Thank goodness it wasn't developed in 2021 America. The People's Army would be rolling it our before we did.

Offline mikezpen

They'll get it one way or another from us soon enough.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I think this is the most used practical application of lasers....    :cool:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think this is the most used practical application of lasers....    :cool:

Cat's are fun but you haven't seen crazy until you play with a dog and a laser.