Author Topic: After four years of Trump, the establishment is again pulling the same levers  (Read 109 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 24, 2021
After four years of Trump, the establishment is again pulling the same levers
By Terry Paulding

Sometimes I think it’s all going according to a mad plan, that the country runs like a giant machine. The gears turn, the engine runs and what is produced is just right. Just enough war to enrich those meant to be enriched. Just enough strife to keep everyone in a kind of stasis. Just enough hunger to keep people off balance. Just enough crime to have a focus for our anger, deflecting it from its rightful place. The machine gears turn, the levers are pulled. Out pops the correct result.

Peace and prosperity are the bugaboos that stop the machine — man is meant to suffer, so that certain privileged beings can be masters of our universe. The illusion of self-government is just that – an illusion meant to placate the masses. When the machine slows, a little oil is pumped into the joints, and everything moves along just fast enough that you can’t see the motion.

Sometimes the machine breaks down temporarily. Someone, a Trump, for instance, comes along and gives us a hint that we can be more, not less. That we can find harmony with others, end the wars, provide our own energy, take care of our own people, and provide a better quality of life for all.

The Trump years were almost like the fairytale prince kissed the sleeping beauty, and the world woke up for a little while. But then the evil one is ascendant again, the wind howls, the machine makes fierce noises, and the good is drowned out and summarily buried.

Fairytales are based on realities. Good and evil exist, and the old trite truism, that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, is true for a reason. One cannot become all-powerful and remain human. One cannot have it all and still have compassion for the rest of humanity.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/after_four_years_of_trump_the_establishment_is_again_pulling_the_same_levers.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good and evil exist...

Yes! And we all know how the battle comes out in the end but MY lifetime has been spent in an era where evil has had the upper hand for the most part and that has taken a toll on me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien