Author Topic: Biden's Transport secretary Buttigieg tells laid-off Keystone XL workers he hopes they get 'differen  (Read 104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 24, 2021

Biden's Transport secretary Buttigieg tells laid-off Keystone XL workers he hopes they get 'different union jobs'
By Monica Showalter

For a whiff of what's in store for the workers Democrats have long claimed to champion, take a look at this exchange between Secretary of Transport nominee Pete Buttigieg, and Sen. Ted Cruz, who ratted him out at his Senate confirmation hearings:

After hearing a lot of bloviating about infrastructure and green jobs, Cruz asked Buttigieg what he had to say to those thousand union workers in the very real infrastructure project known as the Keystone XL pipeline, who saw their jobs axed and now have nothing.

According to CNS:

"Well, I think the most important thing is to make sure that we make good on the promise of the president's climate vision as being one that, on net, creates far more jobs, millions, we hope.

“I know that won't just happen. We'll have to do a lot of work to make sure that's real. But getting this right means ensuring that there are more good paying union jobs for all Americans delivered through that infrastructure vision."

"So," Cruz followed up, "for those workers, the answer is, somebody else'll get a job?"

"The answer is that we are very eager to see those workers continue to be employed in good paying union jobs, even if they might be different ones," Buttigieg said.

excerpt:
And Buttigieg? He's got nothing but blithe scenarios, zero promises, no record, zero plan, and only "hopes" that all the people stiffed and disrupted by Biden will get  "different union jobs."

Sound like a good start? Only to those who don't work in the real world for a living.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/bidens_transport_secretary_buttigieg_tells_laidoff_keystone_xl_workers_he_hopes_they_get_different_union_jobs.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Concepts of employment displacement and simple math be damned.

Small time homo mayor gets bitch slapped. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.