Author Topic: McConnell faces conservative backlash over Trump criticism  (Read 928 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell faces conservative backlash over Trump criticism
« on: January 20, 2021, 11:52:04 pm »
McConnell faces conservative backlash over Trump criticism
By Jordain Carney - 01/20/21 06:03 PM EST

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell’s public criticism of former President Trump over the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol is revealing sharp divisions within the party as Republicans shift into the Biden era.

The Kentucky senator, who has said he remains undecided on the question of convicting Trump, is once again the most powerful Republican in Washington, and his maneuvering on the impeachment trial is reverberating through the GOP.

But his remarks about Trump are also sparking backlash from some of his colleagues and leading conservative media commentators just as he’s trying to navigate the Republican Party through a tumultuous transition.

“What we need right now is for Sen. McConnell to unequivocally say that the second impeachment of Donald Trump after he leaves office is not only unconstitutional, it is bad for the country, and stand up and fight back,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said during an interview with Fox News.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535121-mcconnell-faces-conservative-backlash-over-trump-criticism
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McConnell faces conservative backlash over Trump criticism
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:52:32 pm »
Hey Kentucky...can you recall him?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 11:53:51 pm »
Mitch could care less and that's really the sad part.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

BassWrangler

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 12:06:44 am »

yep. note he waited until he won re-election before throwing Trump under the bus.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 12:08:20 am »

Yep, he's swimming in CCP Cash.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 12:44:08 am »
Mitch doesn't care, he just got re-elected.
Now the minority leader, he's safe for 6 years, then he'll retire.
(so long as he doesn't cause the communists any actual trouble)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 12:45:03 am »
BFD.  He doesn't answer to us. Never has.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 12:48:15 am »
yep. note he waited until he won re-election before throwing Trump under the bus.

Many of them waited till they won re-election to throw Trump under the bus.   888mouth
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 03:19:02 am »
Like he cares!

He just won re-election,and will probably retire before the next one. He is concentrating now on rolling in all the big bucks he can get,and doesn't give a damn what anybody thinks.

You can bet Kentucky has seen the last of him after he leaves office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 04:13:31 am »
Many of them waited till they won re-election to throw Trump under the bus.   888mouth

You can always tell the character of a person by how they treat someone when they are down.

The election was stolen, all you had to do was see the Biden being sworn in with 25,000 troops there and empty streets.

We need a 3rd party to help get us out of this country. The republic is dead. The country s fascist now.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 01:49:11 pm »
The election was stolen, all you had to do was see the Biden being sworn in with 25,000 troops there and empty streets.

Meanwhile in West Palm Beach, Florida:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 03:52:18 pm »
UTOPIA, UTOPIA, long fought for, truth denied for so long, lies and deceits drunk like fine wine.  We are here! 
Eat, drink and party, for tomorrow we die ! 0000dancing :banghead: 0000dancing :dumpster:
We finally reached the UTOPIA !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 04:13:13 pm »
UTOPIA, UTOPIA, long fought for, truth denied for so long, lies and deceits drunk like fine wine.  We are here! 
Eat, drink and party, for tomorrow we die ! 0000dancing :banghead: 0000dancing :dumpster:
We finally reached the UTOPIA !

@christian

EVERYBODY is going to have EVERYTHING they want,and it's not going to cost ANYBODY ANYTHING!

YIPPEE! Happy days are here again!

Thank you,Big Massa Gooberment,THANK YOU!

WARNING! The post above MAY contain some elements of sarcasm,so those with sarcasm allergies might want to avoid reading it.

OR.......,maybe read it until your freaking heads implode. Nothing inside them but a vacuum anyhow,so no harm,no danger.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:13:59 pm by sneakypete »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 12:00:19 am »
If Republican senators were worth a good BM, and they are NOT, they would remove McConnell in any leadership position.  He is a disgrace. 

McConnell and every Republican voting to impeach Trump should have a recall effort.  Heck with waiting for a primary challenger in their next election!!!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 12:05:01 am »
If Republican senators were worth a good BM, and they are NOT, they would remove McConnell in any leadership position.  He is a disgrace. 

McConnell and every Republican voting to impeach Trump should have a recall effort.  Heck with waiting for a primary challenger in their next election!!!!!

You know Recalls of Senators is illegal, right?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 12:54:50 am »
I did not.  So the only way to get rid of them is if they retire?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 12:59:32 am »
I did not.  So the only way to get rid of them is if they retire?

Elections.  That's it. These are the most sought-after sinecures in corrupted DeeCee.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 01:00:57 am »
You can make him an offer he can't refuse.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 01:03:04 am »
Elections are not exactly a way to get rid of them either.  I believe the number is around 3% of incumbents lose.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 01:04:25 am »
Elections are not exactly a way to get rid of them either.  I believe the number is around 3% of incumbents lose.

That's the House. Senators are a lower percentage.
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 05:50:50 pm »
I remember last year I was on the phone with my Dad and we were talking politics. I mentioned how happy I was that McConnel had seemingly grown a spine and was standing up to the Dems and ramming justice appointments through.

My dad immediately came back with some story about McConnel corruption (something about a briefcase full of cash). It's rare for my dad to react that way, so I gather he had some firm opinion of this guy formed back either before I was born or before I was old enough to follow politics.

So I guess now we see he was right. McConnel did what he needed to do to ride the Trump support to re-election. As soon as he no longer needs Trump, he throws him under the bus. This kind of person is exactly what's wrong with Washington. We really need to send these career politicians. Either term limits, or some other measure that minimizes their advantages in primaries.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 06:56:08 pm »
McConnell probably had something to do with Bevin losing the gubernatorial race last time around.  Payback for his primary challenge in 2014.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 07:00:28 pm »
Mitch would look good waking up next to a horse head.  A horse head that is not his wife that is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 07:15:23 pm »
Mitch would look good waking up next to a horse head.  A horse head that is not his wife that is.

@Wingnut

I guess that's one way of spelling it.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 07:20:12 pm »
With so much exposed and revealed here before the election took place, and lied and denied. whats the point to seeing it for what is was/is now ?  Like leaving a Saturday night whore house, and seeing iniquities as iniquity Sunday morning.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions