Author Topic: My critique of Christopher Snowdon’s deplorable article in The Quillette  (Read 130 times)

rangerrebew

My critique of Christopher Snowdon’s deplorable article in The Quillette

The article.

My critique:

This is a piece clearly from someone who has worked from home and enjoyed the lockdowns. This was a big test of science and philosophy and we have failed on both counts.

a) The science was very clear: there shall be no lockdowns for flu-like viruses. The last they were tried was for Ebola in 2014 and an evaluation showed that they did not help (targeted quarantines did help). Substantial literature existed in the past to refute the idea of indiscriminate lockdowns, also because these infringe human rights. Snowdon obviously cares not for basic freedoms.

b) The argument of lockdown opponents is not against social distancing per se. Voluntary social distancing and hand hygiene are a part of good practice, as followed by Sweden. They too had lockdowns but these were not coercive. That coercion is the real problem, not social distancing.

https://www.sabhlokcity.com/2021/01/my-critique-of-christopher-snowdons-deplorable-article-in-the-quillette/