Author Topic: Former Facebook Official Calls For Verizon, AT&T, Others To Deplatform OANN And Newsmax Alex Stamos  (Read 204 times)

rangerrebew

Scott Morefield
Reporter
January 17, 2021 2:57 PM ET

Former Facebook chief security officer Alex Stamos called for carriers like Verizon, AT&T, and others to deplatform One America News Network (OANN) and Newsmax during a Sunday morning appearance on CNN’s “Reliable Sources.”

Discussing the ongoing political polarization in America in the wake of the November election and the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, Stamos suggested that since people now “are able to seek out the information that makes them feel good,” an incentive exists for some outlets to “become more and more radical.”

WATCH:

“One of the places you can see this is on the fact that you now have competitors to Fox News on their right, OANN and Newsmax, which are carried by all the major cable networks, who are trying now to outflank Fox on the right because the moment Fox [News] introduced any kind of realism into their reporting, immediately a bunch of people chose to put themselves into a sealed ecosystem,” Stamos said. “They can do that both on cable. They can do it online, and that becomes a huge challenge in figuring out how do you bring people back into the mainstream of fact-based reporting and try to get us back into the same consensual reality.”

Stamos went on to suggest that social media companies collaborate together “in the same way they worked on ISIS.”

https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/17/alex-stamos-facebook-security-chief-verizon-att-deplatform-oann-newsmax/?__s=8wrwmrluetijm3dxgpyc
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:21:59 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Oh, goodie.  This way we can become more like N. Korea every day since they have no opposition news, either. :im waiting:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is freedom?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online LMAO

This is freedom?

The left is fully aware that many of the things they want to do would be very much opposed by the general public. So instead of debating their positions, which they know they would lose, their solution is to simply silence the opposition

It has nothing to do with violent rhetoric.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy