Author Topic: Hundreds of Cuban migrants try to rush border into US  (Read 414 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds of Cuban migrants try to rush border into US
« on: January 18, 2021, 12:49:29 pm »
American Military News by Liz George  January 17, 2021

Hundreds of Cuban migrants reportedly tried to force their way into the United States along the border of El Paso, Texas, prompting U.S. Customs and Border Protection to deploy a Special Response Team to stop the attempt.

According to El Paso Times, over 200 migrants attempted to cross the El Paso-Juarez border bridge by force after a rumor spread that they would be allowed to cross the border into the United States.

As they approached the border bridge over the Rio Grande, several migrants chanted “Biden, Biden,” a reference to U.S. President-elect Joe Biden, the Diario de Juarez newspaper reported.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/01/video-hundreds-of-cuban-migrants-try-to-rush-border-into-us/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:50:19 pm by Elderberry »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Hundreds of Cuban migrants try to rush border into US
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 01:31:49 pm »
A year from now this won't even make the news with its commonplace.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:43:16 pm »
By then they will have been given the right to riot (except in the District of Corruption, of course) and will have immunity from prosecution. :headbang:

Online berdie

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 09:44:08 pm »
I thought that Cubans were allowed sanctuary when they stepped one foot on US soil. Looks to me like Fla would be an easier entry point. Why go to El Paso?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 02:39:54 am »
I thought that Cubans were allowed sanctuary when they stepped one foot on US soil. Looks to me like Fla would be an easier entry point. Why go to El Paso?
They will never be treated the same as those from Mehico and Centro Amrica, the democrats hate them because they predominantly vote against communists like them.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 05:50:40 pm »

@berdie

Cuban Immigrants Were Given A Haven In The U.S.; Now They're Being Deported
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/11/722201692/cuban-immigrants-were-given-a-haven-in-the-u-s-now-theyre-being-deported
May 11, 2019

...The shift in policy toward Cuban immigrants began under President Barack Obama — who ushered in an historic warming of relations with the Cuban government — and has continued under President Trump, who has taken a harder line on the communist island and on immigration. Trump has not only made deportation of more immigrants in the U.S. illegally a priority, he has also limited visas for Cubans....

...Obama announced that the U.S. would restore diplomatic relations with Cuba in 2014. Several years later, Obama ended the so-called "wet-foot, dry-foot" policy that allowed Cuban nationals to stay in the U.S., even if they arrived illegally by boat, so long as they stepped one foot on solid ground. Boaters intercepted at sea were sent back to the island.

The Obama administration ended the policy, partly because the Cuban government had agreed to facilitate repatriations of Cuban nationals. Previously, the Cuban government wouldn't accept most of its own nationals facing deportation from the U.S.

Then Trump came into office and dramatically expanded deportations. While Obama prioritized deporting undocumented immigrants who committed violent crimes, the Trump administration said it would deport any immigrant in the country illegally, including Cubans....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online berdie

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 06:01:25 pm »
Thanks @thackney . I have a lot of holes in my memory of things that started/happened during the O admin.