Author Topic: Pelosi mum on when House will send impeachment article to Senate  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi mum on when House will send impeachment article to Senate
By Mike Lillis - 01/15/21 01:01 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declined on Friday to reveal when the House will send its resolution of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate, leaving the country — and her caucus — guessing on the timing of the trial in the upper chamber.

Pelosi said the nine impeachment managers she tapped to lead the Democrats' case against Trump "are now working on taking this to trial."

"And ... you'll be the first to know when we announce that we're going over there," she told reporters in the Capitol.

The comments arrive amid a disagreement within the Democratic caucus over the best strategy for sending the impeachment article to the Senate.

Many Democrats, including House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (Md.), want to send it immediately, suggesting that any delay would undermine a central tenet of their argument for impeaching Trump to begin with: that he's a danger to the country and should be removed as soon as possible.

"My expectation is we will send it as quickly as it's ready to go," Hoyer said Wednesday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534452-pelosi-mum-on-when-house-will-send-impeachment-article-to-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Avalon1

Re: Pelosi mum on when House will send impeachment article to Senate
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 12:50:44 am »
I don't think that she's going to, if she knows anything about the constitution then she knows that Congress can't impeach a private citizen past the Jan 20th date.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 01:27:56 am »
I don't think that she's going to, if she knows anything about the constitution then she knows that Congress can't impeach a private citizen past the Jan 20th date.

They shouldn't be able to impeach him once Sloe Joe is sworn in which I believe is going to be around 1:00 p.m., but they could vote to impeach him right before. If not, I'm sure that they have a team working on how to circumvent the Constitution and go after him as a private citizen.

The DEMS only adhere to the Constitution when it benefits them, otherwise they find a way around it.

No one stopped the DEMS during the Bammy administration and they got away with lots of overreach.  535 members of Congress with a GOP majority couldn't stop one man, because his DOJ refused to comply and hold him accountable and that refusal to comply continued on down the line. The leadership of McConnell and Boehner absolutely failed as did the leadership under Ryan and McConnell.  Those are the three that I hold most accountable for the destruction to our country.

True story; when I was making hundreds of calls for Cruz in FL, I actually called Boehner ... after I gave my spiel about Cruz, he asked me if I knew who he was?  I of course recognized the last name but had no idea until then it was 'the' John Boehner.  He told me he was on the golf course and I think he was waiting for me to apologize for disturbing him, and told me that there was "no way in hell he'd vote for him".  He told me he was going to vote for Rubio.  I certainly had no more doubts about RINO Rubio.

Anyways back on topic; you cannot have adherence to the Constitution if you have a corrupt judicial system; and our SCOTUS just proved that.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:28:56 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 02:06:20 am »
More baloney by Pelosi.  Richard Nixon was innocent too.  She was part of that fiasco also and said, he was easier to remove. 
This swamp is just too corrupt to exist. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 02:09:30 am »
lol. POTUS TRUMP IS A DANGER.....TO DEMON-RATS.  lol. COMMUNISTS.

https://twitter.com/jrcole/status/1349870051172757504?s=20

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 02:10:12 am »

Part of me thinks she's going to send the impeachment (indictment) to the DOJ on Jan 20th at 1:00 pm @Avalon1