Author Topic: Phelan Confirms He Will Appoint Democrats to Chair House Committees  (Read 183 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens January 11, 2021

“We will have Democratic chairs this session. We have had a process here for 172 years that’s worked pretty well.” –Presumptive House Speaker Dade Phelan

Despite Republican control of the Texas House, Democrats will once again be given chairmanships to House committees.

State Rep. Dade Phelan (R–Beaumont), the presumptive House speaker, made the confirmation during an interview with The Texas Tribune ahead of the start of the session on Tuesday.

“We will have Democratic chairs this session. We have had a process here for 172 years that’s worked pretty well. A thousand people move here every day for a reason, and I don’t see any reason to change,” said Phelan.

In the interview, Phelan praised the bipartisan nature of politics inside the Texas Capitol, saying its a model that works “pretty darn well” and is not always about “Republican versus Democrat” or “left versus right.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/phelan-confirms-he-will-appoint-democrats-to-chair-house-committees/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Phelan Confirms He Will Appoint Democrats to Chair House Committees
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 02:51:51 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens January 11, 2021

“We will have Democratic chairs this session. We have had a process here for 172 years that’s worked pretty well.” –Presumptive House Speaker Dade Phelan

Despite Republican control of the Texas House, Democrats will once again be given chairmanships to House committees.

State Rep. Dade Phelan (R–Beaumont), the presumptive House speaker, made the confirmation during an interview with The Texas Tribune ahead of the start of the session on Tuesday.

“We will have Democratic chairs this session. We have had a process here for 172 years that’s worked pretty well. A thousand people move here every day for a reason, and I don’t see any reason to change,” said Phelan.

In the interview, Phelan praised the bipartisan nature of politics inside the Texas Capitol, saying its a model that works “pretty darn well” and is not always about “Republican versus Democrat” or “left versus right.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/phelan-confirms-he-will-appoint-democrats-to-chair-house-committees/

And thus we will get yet more purple results even when we vote overwhelmingly red!   9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien