Author Topic: Pelosi: 'I like the 25th Amendment' because it 'gets rid' of Trump  (Read 134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: 'I like the 25th Amendment' because it 'gets rid' of Trump
By John Bowden - 01/10/21 01:36 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in an interview to be broadcast Sunday night that she supports invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office before his term expires next week.

The House leader also told "60 Minutes" that there is "strong support" among the members of Congress to see Trump impeached and rendered unable to run for office again.

"He can only pardon himself from federal offenses. He cannot pardon himself from state offenses and that’s where he’s being investigated in the state of New York," Pelosi told CBS's Leslie Stahl.

"There is a possibility that after all of this, there’s no punishment, no consequence, and he could run again for president," Stahl countered.

"And that’s one of the motivations people have for advocating for impeachment," the Speaker responded. "I like the 25th Amendment because it gets rid of him. He’s out of office. But there’s strong support in the Congress for impeaching the president a second time."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/533544-pelosi-i-like-the-25th-amendment-because-it-gets-rid-of-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34