Author Topic: You Don’t Want To Be A Star On Someone Else’s Flag  (Read 504 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
TNM by George Konstantinidis January 9, 2021

I asked my grandfather who fought in two world wars, just before he died for his blessing and his advice in life. Here is what he said to me.

“Son, you only live once, make sure you do all the things you want to do, or at least try, and you will have a clear conscience. There are so many things that I never did because I was afraid of failure, I never even tried. The only real obstacle was me by setting limits in my mind.”

With that always in mind, as I grew up and faced seemingly impossible tasks, I realised what he really meant. This was especially true when I fought for the independence of Britain (BREXIT). I wanted to ensure that my children would have the opportunity to determine their own future via the ballot box.

Freedom and Democracy are terms that are, in theory, inextricably linked but often are, in reality, big illusions. We often realise that we have neither Freedom nor Democracy. Decisions are made elsewhere for us without us. Independence seemed like an impossible task at first. It turned out to be an incredible journey. It was an odyssey and, in the end, we found our proverbial Ithaca.

For the individual, it starts when you realise and accept that you are not free and you live in a sham democracy. The next step is a no-brainer. You either accept the problem and do something about it, or you pretend it’s not happening, you bury your head in the sand, and avoid confrontation. Throughout history, apathy is the main reason that tyrannies thrive, and liberties succumb to abuse.

Independence For Your Country Is Not An Impossible Task

Independence may seem impossible because it hasn’t happened in your country in your lifetime. But when you really get in the trenches and try you will have a better understanding of what it takes. You may be pleasantly surprised.

More: https://tnm.me/news/commentary/you-dont-want-to-be-a-star-on-someone-elses-flag-2

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: You Don’t Want To Be A Star On Someone Else’s Flag
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 11:04:42 pm »
My allegiance is to God, my family, and my country (Texas) in that order.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 11:06:57 pm »

Similar here; My allegiance is to God, my family, and our Constitution.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:08:03 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 11:12:44 pm »
Similar here; My allegiance is to God, my family and our Constitution.

Sadly, our Constitution is now worthless.  And it gives me no pleasure to say it.  The rule of law is now dead as a stone in the formerly great USA.

In some ways, I'm feeling strangely liberated. The masks are all off, all the leftists have come out of the closet and there's no longer any false hopes of "if we just do X, Y or Z", or if we can just get the issue before the courts, or find enough honest patriots in Congress to do the right thing ( :rolling: :rolling:), we might be able to reverse some of the damage or turn things around for a bit, or whatever fever dreams have kept us going for the last 15+ years. It's done. We do not have a working Constitution. It's been broken and there's no fixing it. We do not have a common cause nor do we share values and a heritage with 1/2 of the country.

We are liberated from all of those Charlie Brown dreams and we can get down to business now. We now know the unvarnished truth and can approach the future with reality and determination.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:21:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 11:22:16 pm »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 01:27:44 am »
:thumbsup:

The secret is that the US needs Texas more than Texas needs it.

Texas secedes, and carries half the states with it.

What would remain are the coasts and a few states with big cities who vote Democrat.

We don't need any of them as we will have the breadbasket, the oil and the will to fight.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:31:13 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 01:39:10 am »
:thumbsup:

The secret is that the US needs Texas more than Texas needs it.

Texas secedes, and carries half the states with it.

What would remain are the coasts and a few states with big cities who vote Democrat.

We don't need any of them as we will have the breadbasket, the oil and the will to fight.

The problem is so many people have moved to Texas, not out of love for what Texas traditionally stood for, but solely for economic reasons.    They would never be loyal to the idea of an independent Texas.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 11:23:24 am »
The problem is so many people have moved to Texas, not out of love for what Texas traditionally stood for, but solely for economic reasons.    They would never be loyal to the idea of an independent Texas.
Most of those you mention are illegals who do not vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 01:22:52 pm »
Most of those you mention are illegals who do not vote.

Maybe, but I had coworkers from NY, Penn and other states, some for over 30 years, that never did become fully assimilated and once they retired they moved out of Texas.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 07:56:18 pm »
Maybe, but I had coworkers from NY, Penn and other states, some for over 30 years, that never did become fully assimilated and once they retired they moved out of Texas.
It is a far less crowd than the economic opportunists from South of the Border.

And it is not a one way street either.  I spent 6 years up in New York and carried my confederate flag everywhere on my red pickup.