Author Topic: GOP senator: Trump 'committed impeachable offenses'  (Read 142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator: Trump 'committed impeachable offenses'
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:24:59 pm »
GOP senator: Trump 'committed impeachable offenses'
By Alexander Bolton - 01/09/21 04:19 PM EST

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), who has played a leading role in opposing efforts to throw out the results of the 2020 election, on Saturday said President Trump has “committed impeachable offenses.”

“I do think the president committed impeachable offenses,” said Toomey said during an interview on Fox News’s “The Journal Editorial Report.”

Toomey is the top-ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee. He plans to retire from Congress at the end of 2022 to return to the private sector.

Toomey said he did not know whether the Senate would act on any articles of impeachment passed by the House during the final 11 days of Trump’s term in office and voiced concern that Democrats may try to “politicize” the process.

“I don’t know what they are going to send over, and one of the things that I’m concerned about, frankly, is whether the House would completely politicize something,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533498-gop-sen-toomey-trump-committed-impeachable-offenses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34