Author Topic: The Republican Party Has Failed America, And Here’s How It Needs To Change Now  (Read 546 times)

BassWrangler

The Republican Party Has Failed America, And Here’s How It Needs To Change Now
by Kristi Noem

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/08/the-republican-party-has-failed-america/

It’s been a tough week for our country. Violence has no place in our American political system, and we’re all in agreement that the events that played out on Capitol Hill this week were unacceptable.

There are many in the media who are eager to blame Republicans for the events that transpired. And there are many in our party who are eager to blame President Trump both for the violence in Washington and for the results of the senate elections in Georgia.

But you know what? If that’s all we get out of this, our future will be no different than our past.

There are a lot of Americans whose frustration has been building for many years. Republicans have had opportunities to fix our healthcare system, reform immigration, and get our fiscal house in order, among many other things. Republicans have had chances to deliver for the American people. But we haven’t followed through... (Excerpt - see link for more)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Reading this with interest. I need to make an important speech tomorrow on this very subject.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Reading this with interest. I need to make an important speech tomorrow on this very subject.

When was the last time that the GOP actually succeeded?  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the GOP had the full majority for years and because of McConnell and Ryan they FAILED and FAILED again and again.

There is no fixing the GOP.  The DEMS will unseat them all.  Thinking that we're going to win another time at the ballot box is a joke.

IMHO the GOP is dead.  Either a new party needs to be formed or work on ousting the existing liberal choke hold.  They ousted Trump...time to turn the tables around.

I would be interested in the reactions of those who you are addressing and their opinions on the situation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When was the last time that the GOP actually succeeded?  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the GOP had the full majority for years and because of McConnell and Ryan they FAILED and FAILED again and again.

There is no fixing the GOP.  The DEMS will unseat them all.  Thinking that we're going to win another time at the ballot box is a joke.

IMHO the GOP is dead.  Either a new party needs to be formed or work on ousting the existing liberal choke hold.  They ousted Trump...time to turn the tables around.

I would be interested in the reactions of those who you are addressing and their opinions on the situation.

So will I, if I win the election.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

Are you running on a platform of "free beer" again?

Offline skeeter

Somehow the system currently incentivizing our politicians has to change. This sounds cliche but it's just a fact - monied interests control policy through graft. The law no longer applies as the law enforcement agencies have been quite obviously co-opted as well. Our 'gate-keeper' media? It is to laugh.

How to fix it? Dunno. Too many people are looking to politicians for salvation. Politicians, on the other hand, play to their constituents baser instincts - envy, hate, greed. The GOP promises law and order, return to traditional values. All deflection while the real intent is to fill their pockets.

We just saw what Washington will do to a candidate who not only refuses to play ball by the currently acceptable rules but who promises to upset the apple cart. He was beholden to no one, in his own crude way was an ideologue who simply attempted to do what he thought best for the nation as a whole. The kind of politician I thought we wanted. Both parties pulled out the stops to obliterate him.

Maybe we can find another like him without the abrasive personality. But I'm not certain they would fair any better. I truly believe nothing short of some sort of catastrophe will change things.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:58:24 am by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you running on a platform of "free beer" again?

:pondering:

Might work. Mrs Liberty is baking a crap ton of cookies.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I'm praying that you win @Cyber Liberty

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm praying that you win @Cyber Liberty

The odds are against me, I'm running against two good ol' boys. I need to deliver a real stem-winder.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

You are smart - put these hearts in your pocket -   44444heart 44444heart

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

You are smart - put these hearts in your pocket -   44444heart 44444heart

I honestly don't know what I'll say. I'm an improv guy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

The odds are against me, I'm running against two good ol' boys. I need to deliver a real stem-winder.

Well...in light of what just happened, perhaps the good ole boys need to be focused on as part of the problem not the solution. :shrug: