Author Topic: January 6, 2020, a Day that Will Live in Political Infamy  (Read 187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 6, 2020, a Day that Will Live in Political Infamy
« on: January 08, 2021, 02:31:46 pm »
January 8, 2021
January 6, 2020, a Day that Will Live in Political Infamy
By Steve McCann

I attended the “Million MAGA March” on January 6, along with the Mainstreet Patriots chapter of the Eastern Shore of Maryland.  I did so not because I believed the Republicans in the Senate or Vice-President Mike Pence would do the right thing -- I knew they would not -- but because it marked th beginning of Middle America’s determination to take back the country.  What form that determination will take is up to the wannabe autocrats in the Ruling Class and in particular its Democrat party subsidiary.

I did not go to the Ellipse at the White House to watch President Trump’s speech but opted to remain in the vicinity of the Capitol and watched his speech on a widescreen monitor set up at the Russell Senate Office Building. After the speech ended, I and Mainstreet Patriot member Mike Goldberg walked less than a block to Capitol Hill to join the ever-growing crowd at the West Front of the Capitol.

As we were able to position ourselves within 75 yards of the entrance, we noticed that among a large cadre of what appeared to be young Trump supporters there were many frankly stereotypical Antifa-looking militants waving Trump flags on the steps attempting to get to the doors as the useless barriers of portable and plastic fencing had been easily breached.  These militants were at the entrance area before Trump’s speech at the Ellipse (two miles away) was finished.  The speech could not have incited the subsequent mayhem.  It was obvious to me that the Capitol Hill and Metro police were deliberately ill-prepared for a crowd of any size, much less the hundreds of thousands that ultimately arrived.  Further, the police presence was miniscule and their only attempt at crowd control were a few random canisters of tear gas.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/january_6_2020_a_day_that_will_live_in_political_infamy.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:32:42 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: January 6, 2020, a Day that Will Live in Political Infamy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 01:08:13 am »
Good piece, worth reading entirely.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 01:21:42 am »
A very worthwhile essay.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 01:33:35 am »
Agreed.  Thanks for posting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-