Author Topic: GOP senators urging Trump officials to not resign after Capitol chaos  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators urging Trump officials to not resign after Capitol chaos
By Jordain Carney - 01/07/21 02:22 PM EST

A group of Republican senators are urging top Trump White House officials to not resign, amid concern that President Trump's response to rioters at the Capitol will spark mass resignations.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) has reached out to national security adviser Robert O’Brien and White House counsel Pat Cipollone urging them to stay on the job through Jan. 20, a source confirmed to The Hill.

The outreach by Lee and at least three other GOP senators was first reported by The Washington Post. The source confirmed that the senators are coordinating their efforts amid multiple reports that top White House and administrations are contemplating resigning.
ADVERTISEMENT

Treasury Secretary Elaine Chao, who is married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), became the first Cabinet secretary to announce her resignation on Thursday, though sources have told The Hill that more high-profile resignations are coming.

At least five White House officials have already announced that they are resigning, including Stephanie Grisham, the former White House communications director who was serving as the chief of staff for first lady Melania Trump. Former White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, who was serving as special U.S. envoy to Northern Ireland, has also resigned.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533187-gop-senators-urging-trump-officials-to-not-resign-after-capitol-chaos
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: GOP senators urging Trump officials to not resign after Capitol chaos
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:58:19 pm »
I'll wager he stays until January 20th. And then starts his conservative news network Day 1.

Big business opportunity now that Fox has gone off the rails.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:21 pm »
I'll wager he stays until January 20th. And then starts his conservative news network Day 1.

We'll see.
I think he's too old. Too impatient. Too mercurial. And possibly too preoccupied with legal entanglements for such an undertaking.
Just have Mark Burnett's people follow the man around with a camera crew. I'll pay $9.99 a month for that.
NEED Trump in my life.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:20:40 pm »
Can someone tell me why Mike Lee gives a damn?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 08:28:06 pm »
We'll see.
I think he's too old. Too impatient. Too mercurial. And possibly too preoccupied with legal entanglements for such an undertaking.
Just have Mark Burnett's people follow the man around with a camera crew. I'll pay $9.99 a month for that.
NEED Trump in my life.

:laugh:

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 08:34:18 pm »
Can someone tell me why Mike Lee gives a damn?

Because he's a patriot.    :patriot:

He wants some hinged souls there to appeal to POTUS' better angels over the course of the next 13 days.

I'd rather see all the "false thanes fly" away from Trump. I want him to trust his instincts and perhaps lead a siege of the Supreme Court building.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:37:30 pm »
My wif suspects  an inside job
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:39 pm »

He wants some hinged souls there to appeal to POTUS' better angels over the course of the next 13 days.

I'd rather see all the "false thanes fly" away from Trump. I want him to trust his instincts and perhaps lead a siege of the Supreme Court building.

Mike Lee a patriot??   :rolling:

You want who to lead a siege of the SCOTUS building?  Seriously?  Are you kidding?  Advocating a siege on the SCOTUS Building is unacceptable and an absolutely horrible idea.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 08:42:07 pm »
My wif suspects  an inside job

I suspect that your wife is correct; people within the halls of  the Senate knew and helped with this attack yesterday.  Perhaps the police and media were in on it as well. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 08:42:43 pm »

If you can believe Tucker Carlson, Mike Lee has accepted more Big Tech money that any other GOP legislator.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 08:58:16 pm »
If you can believe Tucker Carlson, Mike Lee has accepted more Big Tech money that any other GOP legislator.

Pundits like Carlson are amusing in their selectiveness about what they vilify and take umbrage with. With all the anger generated at China, it's weird how this story just disappeared into the ether:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=40b99c991d60

Did Ivanka ever tell China "no thanks" because of their nasty China Virus and dishonest business practices with the U.S?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 09:01:25 pm »
Pundits like Carlson are amusing in their selectiveness about what they vilify and take umbrage with. With all the anger generated at China, it's weird how this story just disappeared into the ether:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=40b99c991d60

Did Ivanka ever tell China "no thanks" because of their nasty China Virus and dishonest business practices with the U.S?

Rather than deflecting to Ivanka, do you really have any data or information to dispute Lee's Big Tech connections?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/25/silicon-valley-billionaires-bankroll-mike-lee-and-his-green-card-giveaway/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:03:44 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 09:08:44 pm »
Rather than deflecting to Ivanka, do you really have any data or information to dispute Lee's Big Tech connections?

1. Whataboutism permeates almost every single Trump thread. So, I figured, "This is the way."
2. WTF do I care about Mike Lee, @catfish1957? You know that I'm the dumbest man on the board--I don't know anything about him. 333cleo

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 09:10:44 pm »
Because he's a patriot.    :patriot:.

Nah, Mike's Lee's not a patriot.  Not after his Indian Visas passed by unanimous consent, his refusal to repeal Section 230, his vote to override the President's defense bill veto, and his refusal to stand up or even crouch for 75+ million Americans who were disenfranchised through Congressional approved election and voter fraud.

But kudos for a good try!

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 09:11:24 pm »
Mike Lee a patriot??   :rolling:

You want who to lead a siege of the SCOTUS building?  Seriously?  Are you kidding?  Advocating a siege on the SCOTUS Building is unacceptable and an absolutely horrible idea.

You're probably right. I stand corrected.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:28 pm »
1. Whataboutism permeates almost every single Trump thread. So, I figured, "This is the way."
2. WTF do I care about Mike Lee, @catfish1957? You know that I'm the dumbest man on the board--I don't know anything about him. 333cleo

No one is calling you dumb.  Just disputing that Mike Lee is a patriot.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:58 pm »

Yes, and years before the China virus.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 09:27:51 pm »
Nah, Mike's Lee's not a patriot.  Not after his Indian Visas passed by unanimous consent, his refusal to repeal Section 230, his vote to override the President's defense bill veto, and his refusal to stand up or even crouch for 75+ million Americans who were disenfranchised through Congressional approved election and voter fraud.

But kudos for a good try!

LOL @ "even crouch"
I was being silly with Mike Lee being a patriot. We all know that true patriotism and principled statesmanship from Utah emanates through Mr. Romney.  tri22 :seeya:

But, seriously, the repeal of 230--wouldn't that put forums like this in jeopardy by exposing the admins to legal liability for our postings?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 09:31:24 pm »

What companies would host it?  Who would advertise on it, given the tremendous pressure they would be under to not advertise on it.  Look at all the advertisers that bailed on Tucker.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:04 pm »
Yes, and years before the China virus.

I know they were fast tracked before the virus (but not before daddy became President). I haven't read a whit about them since, especially any plans of hers not to make full use of them.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:44 pm »

But, seriously, the repeal of 230--wouldn't that put forums like this in jeopardy by exposing the admins to legal liability for our postings?

You do have a good point there.  But how do you propose dealing the monopoly of thought that Big Media is imposing?

Conservative thought and discussion is effectively being squelched.  Which poison do we pick?

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 09:37:29 pm »
What companies would host it?  Who would advertise on it, given the tremendous pressure they would be under to not advertise on it.  Look at all the advertisers that bailed on Tucker.

Goya and MyPillow would jump on that.
Maybe Trump would offer it as a subscription service, where he and his family members host some of the content.

Offline Avalon1

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2021, 09:39:21 pm »
I hate to say it but it's over, Congress certified the votes so Joe Biden's election is set in stone. Even if Donald Trump didn't concede the election and stayed in the White House past Jan 20 then Congress will impeach him with the 25th amendment and very likely will succeed since apparently we have so many weak RINOs.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 10:31:41 pm »
You do have a good point there.  But how do you propose dealing the monopoly of thought that Big Media is imposing?

Conservative thought and discussion is effectively being squelched.  Which poison do we pick?

I wouldn't repeal 230. I would point out the absurdity of Leftist notions when compared to traditional moral values. I would continue to remind young people that the United States became the preeminent power in the world based on these values. I also would give credence to ideas that might have merit instead of being so dogmatic.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 11:33:04 am »
LOL @ "even crouch"
I was being silly with Mike Lee being a patriot. We all know that true patriotism and principled statesmanship from Utah emanates through Mr. Romney.  tri22 :seeya:

For libelous shit yeah, it shouldn't be allowed anyway, frankly. Small price to pay IMO.