Author Topic: Mick Mulvaney resigns from Trump administration: 'I can't stay here'  (Read 634 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mick Mulvaney resigns from Trump administration: 'I can't stay here'
By Jordan Williams - 01/07/21 08:39 AM EST

Former White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday resigned from his post as the special envoy to Northern Ireland following the riot on the U.S. Capitol.

“I can’t stay here, not after yesterday,” Mulvaney said in an appearance on CNBC. “You can’t look at that yesterday and say I want to be a part of that in any way shape or form.”

His resignation follows that of some other notable White House aides in the aftermath of the violence, including Stephanie Grisham, chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump, and deputy national security adviser Matt Pottinger.

National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien also reportedly considered stepping down on Wednesday, according to several reports.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533080-mick-mulvaney-resigns-from-trump-administration-i-cant-stay-here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Mick Mulvaney resigns from Trump administration: 'I can't stay here'
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 02:12:32 pm »
Special envoy to Northern Ireland?

Wow the MSM is scraping the barrel. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 02:13:47 pm »
I can't look at what happened yesterday and stay a member of the Republican party.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 04:14:36 pm »
I can't look at what happened yesterday and stay a member of the Republican party.
pointing-up pointing-up pointing-up

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 04:16:13 pm »
Special envoy to Northern Ireland?

Wow the MSM is scraping the barrel.

I heard the Special Envoy to Liechtenstein also resigned.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 04:16:23 pm »
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:43:32 pm »

Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza

I have been a Republican since Reagan and we have a party with a great history but MY GOD! What kind of cowering, whimpering, pathetic animal do we have here? Get up off your fours and stand on two legs! Have some basic human pride and self-respect, you disgraceful cowards

3:18 PM · Jan 7, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1347276536282554369

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 01:33:05 am »
Once this:

Now this:

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 03:35:26 am »
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857

Excellent quotation, very fitting to our current situation!
Let it burn.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 03:42:05 am »
I heard the Special Envoy to Liechtenstein also resigned.

It is so bad that I have resigned myself to liechten my beerstein
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 04:06:18 am »
Once this:

Image sizing is our friend......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.