Author Topic: What should Trump do with the time he has left?  (Read 3900 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: What should Trump do with the time he has left?
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2021, 01:05:58 am »
Just shut his damn mouth and leave, please? I'm tired of the guy.

We gained a USSC (maybe not for long), but we lost both houses of congress and the Presidency. Makes me sick thinking about it.

We lost both houses of Congress because of ballot harvesting and other acts of election fraud.  And Trump was the only one out there fighting against it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2021, 01:07:34 am »
We lost both houses of Congress because of ballot harvesting and other acts of election fraud.  And Trump was the only one out there fighting against it.

Now, you know the accepted narrative is Trump destroyed it all single handedly with his abrasive personality.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2021, 02:22:06 am »
Now, you know the accepted narrative is Trump destroyed it all single handedly with his abrasive personality.
His abrasive personality went a long ways towards him losing. Face facts.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2021, 02:29:45 am »
Go with the CNN view of the world, I’ll continue to believe my lyin eyes.

And to reject all of the good the man did because he annoys you personally is infantile and simple minded in the extreme. Don’t bother me again with this crap, please.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2021, 02:51:53 am »
Trump should invite all his supporters over to the White House for an outdoor BBQ.  He could have one each day for the next eleven days, and then leave all the dirty dishes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2021, 02:53:12 am »

I suppose that's the reason he receive 11 million votes more this time around.  Face facts.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2021, 02:57:47 am »
I suppose that's the reason he receive 11 million votes more this time around.  Face facts.
:thumbsup:

BTW a humorous post script to Wednesday’s mayhem - did you hear Pelousy’s laptop went missing in the hubbub? Please Lord let it wind up in the right hands.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2021, 03:15:27 am »
@goatprairie

Here are some more fun facts for you.

In 1984 during Ronald Reagan's landslide victory, he received the votes of 23.0% of the entire US population.
In 2020, Donald Trump received 22.4%, only 0.6 points off.  And considering that the illegal population as a percentage of total population is considerably higher than it was in 1984, the percentage of people eligible to vote is actually higher than Reagan got during that landslide election.

Compare that with Obama/Biden in 2012 with 20.0%.  Or Bill Clinton in 1996 with 17.7%.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2021, 05:27:37 am »
Voter fraud. I think it was the Dominion voting machines. Actually, Trump got a lot more mailin votes than in 2016. One third of Trump voters voted by mail.
That's why both candidates got a lot of votes. It was simply much easier to vote by mail. Of course, a much larger share of Biden voters than Trump voters voted by mail.
Nevertheless, Biden got seven million more votes. Trump was lucky to come as close as he did in the electoral college.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2021, 05:29:59 am »
@goatprairie

In 1984 during Ronald Reagan's landslide victory, he received the votes of 23.0% of the entire US population.
In 2020, Donald Trump received 22.4%, only 0.6 points off.  And considering that the illegal population as a percentage of total population is considerably higher than it was in 1984, the percentage of people eligible to vote is actually higher than Reagan got during that landslide election.

Compare that with Obama/Biden in 2012 with 20.0%.  Or Bill Clinton in 1996 with 17.7%.
Yes, but you'll still have to come to the fact that charisma-devoid party hack Joe Biden got seven million more votes than Trump.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2021, 05:44:49 am »
The Precedent has been set! if Ford can pardon Nixon, Trump can pardon Trump
(and his extended Family Advisors).
-------------------
Hmm.......so Ministers, Priests and Rabbi's can forgive the sins of others as well as their own.
Makes perfect sense, don't it????????????????????????

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2021, 05:55:44 am »
Yes, but you'll still have to come to the fact that charisma-devoid party hack Joe Biden got seven million more votes than Trump.
Bidens margin in the popular vote happened in two states. I live in the one that accounted for five million and know for a fact ballots were mailed out here willynilly. My daughter received two as did a buddy’s son. Illegals can register to vote at the DMV and there are millions of them here. IMO its naive to believe Bidens margin in the popular vote was legit.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:57:16 am by skeeter »

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2021, 06:03:21 am »
Bidens margin in the popular vote happened in two states. I live in the one that accounted for five million and know for a fact ballots were mailed out here willynilly. My daughter received two as did a buddy’s son. Illegals can register to vote at the DMV and there are millions of them here. IMO its naive to believe Bidens margin in the popular vote was legit.

In both of his elections, Trump got less of a percentage of the popular vote than Mitt Romney. And Trump was running against easier opponents.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2021, 06:08:05 am »
Want to hear a shocker?

Rasmussen poll for 1/08/21 (and polling a full day after Capitol Event)

Trump Approval- 48%
Trump Disapproval- 50%

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan08
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2021, 06:22:11 am »
@goatprairie

Reagan = 58.8% of the vote
Trump = 46.9% of the vote

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline LMAO

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2021, 07:21:35 am »

And I have heard this from a lot of people. Sometimes the truth is hard and ugly but you have to face it. And many of these people are not raging leftists, either.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2021, 02:31:53 pm »
Feelnopain posted:

This isn't "Reagan's America" any more.
That's 40 years past, and it's never coming back.

That Ron Reagan could win as he did then, shows how demographics have changed the country irreparably.

But hey... diversity is great.
Ain't it...?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2021, 02:34:36 pm »

Seven million more votes?  Yes.  Seven million more voters?  No.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2021, 02:37:28 pm »

Yet Trump's support among the American people was as high as Reagan.  That tells you there is something seriously wrong with your vote numbers.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Reason10

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2021, 02:46:24 pm »

How did Trump's personality cause those battleground states to violate election law? How does that work?
Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.

Ayn Rand

Offline Reason10

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2021, 02:50:28 pm »
The Doctor Of Democracy has an interesting take on this:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2021/01/08/the-swamp-is-scared-of-the-next-12-days/

The Swamp Is Scared of the Next 12 Days

Pelosi has called the military and put ’em on standby in case Trump launches the nuke codes. Who are we gonna nuke? The little pot-bellied dictator, Kim Jong-un? What are they terrified of? They’re terrified that Trump is gonna unleash classified documents. You know, he’s got a bevy of ’em, folks. He’s got classified documents about the hoax, the four-year coup.

The four-year coup, the four-year effort to get the election results of 2016 overturned. There are all kinds of people who broke the law, all kinds of people who are quaking in their boots. They’re worried silly that Trump is gonna unleash some of these classified documents. Do you know what else they’re worried about? Do you know what else they’re scared of?

They are scared to death — they are terrified — that Trump is gonna pardon people who are dangerous to the establishment. Call it the swamp if you want. Because let me tell you, nothing’s changed. The people in the Washington establishment, why did they want to stop Trump in the first place? Because they didn’t want what they have been up to (which is no good) for years to ever come out.

They didn’t want Trump to discover it and release it. They remain petrified for the next 12 days that Trump is going to release — somehow, some way — what he knows about these people. In other words, they’re worried to death that he’s got a card or two to play here yet, including the pardon power. They’ve got a lot of stuff to keep covered up. I don’t know if Trump’s gonna write a book.
Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.

Ayn Rand

Offline skeeter

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2021, 02:56:23 pm »
How did Trump's personality cause those battleground states to violate election law? How does that work?

Of course it didn't. The State need a rational explanation for the scam they were about to pull off, and having none they went with the fabrication they'd been using for the past four years.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,425040.msg2358843.html#msg2358843

Welcome, BTW.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:41:58 pm by skeeter »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2021, 03:39:51 pm »
@goatprairie

Anyone remember when politics was boring and only nerds concerned themselves with that crap? I kinda miss those days.

People are way more politically engaged these days which is theoretically a good thing.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2021, 04:11:13 pm »
Anyone remember when politics was boring and only nerds concerned themselves with that crap? I kinda miss those days.

People are way more politically engaged these days which is theoretically a good thing.

Which is exactly who these Trump supporters are.  A large number of these people didn't follow politics at all until recently, but found a voice in Donald Trump.  And in coming aware, they witnessed an onslaught of attacks, lies, and innuendo at a level that has never been seen before in the history of our nation.

I didn't support Trump in 2016, but I had made a promise to myself to go to the inauguration just to see Obama leave.  What I found there were tens of thousands of regular folks - people who were not political junkies like me, but people who truly cared about this country and gave their support to a man pledged to save it.

And by doing so, these supporters have endured along with him a heinous onslaught of lies that has not been seen since 1930s Germany.  Maybe you should go hang out with some regular folks and learn about why they support Trump instead of constantly spouting off about how annoying he and his supporters are.  Maybe you might learn something.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2021, 04:17:57 pm »

Good observation, but things change when the policy items like these start being bantered around as real...

1. 2A gun confiscation
2. IRAs/401kK confiscation for national social security
3. Elimination of 10M, (50M incl, supporting jobs and families) oil jobs in favor of sham Climate Change
4. Forced SJW infiltration into every aspect of our life.
5. Court packing, adding states, and other constituonal misdeeds that tilt the scale leftward

Not as much as people more interested in getting engaged in the political processes, it is an exercise in fighting to preserve the American way of life that we know of.   Survival.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.