Author Topic: Waving Goodbye to the America We All Knew and Loved  (Read 980 times)

Offline conservativevoter

Re: Waving Goodbye to the America We All Knew and Loved
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2021, 06:24:51 pm »
The media is waxing concern for those constituents who voiced their opinions in DC yesterday.  They marched proudly with the flag of our country,did not carry the flags of a communist country like they did on the west coast,  did not drive cars through store windows, and ;let the real perps know how they felt.  Rightly so, as we have had so much thrust at us for the last four years.  How did they think people would react?  :patriot:  :patriot: :patriot:

And now Chuck Schumer pushes for the 25th amendment.  So much for unity.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:26:46 pm by conservativevoter »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2021, 06:43:41 pm »
One Christian writer's perspective: 

It is very bad news, but it is not yet the end of America
By Michael Brown, CP Op-Ed Contributor
Thursday, January 07, 2021
Like many of you reading this article, I am terribly disappointed with the outcome of the Georgia Senate races. The worst case scenario has unfolded, with an incoming Democratic president, backed by a Democrat-controlled Congress (as the incoming vice president casts the deciding vote in the Senate). And the consequences could be grave. Very grave.

But let’s not throw in the towel or write the epitaph for America. Our fate is hardly sealed.
Michael Brown holds a Ph.D. in Near Eastern Languages and Literatures from New York University and has served as a professor at a number of seminaries. He is the author of 25 books and hosts the nationally syndicated, daily talk radio show, the Line of Fire.

Consider this grave warning from a powerful Christian leader who warned of what was coming to our country as it threatened to lurch to the left: “We may see the Bible cast into a bonfire, . . . our children, either wheedled or terrified, uniting in the mob, chanting mockeries against God . . . our wives and daughters the victims of legal prostitution; soberly dishonoured; speciously polluted; the outcasts of delicacy and virtue, and the loathing of God and man.”

Yet these words do not date to 2020 or 2021. Instead, they date back to 1798. And they were spoken by none other than Rev. Timothy Dwight, the respected president of Yale. He was describing what would happen should Thomas Jefferson be elected president. It would mean the destruction of America. ...

Could it be that our fatalistic thinking today, as in, “It’s all over for America!” is premature? Could it be that there will be a dramatic pushback against the left in the elections that follow? ...
Christian Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2021, 06:50:06 pm »
Rumor has it that Trump is in my town at the local AFB.  Crazy times!!!

This was a wild rumor in the wee hours of the morning ... but, he's at the WH and will be leaving for Camp David for the weekend.   happy77

Offline Idiot

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 07:05:55 pm »
This was a wild rumor in the wee hours of the morning ... but, he's at the WH and will be leaving for Camp David for the weekend.   happy77
When I drive by the flight line later today and see Air Force One... then I'll know for sure.  I hope he's not here.....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 07:07:06 pm »
Biden on TV right now saying some of the most inflammatory shit I have ever heard from a president.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2021, 07:32:19 pm »
Biden on TV right now saying some of the most inflammatory shit I have ever heard from a president.
Like what? for us office bound....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 07:43:02 pm »
Like what? for us office bound....

(1) Protesters were terrorist
(2) Double standard of BLM vs. MAGA folks.
(3) Trump incitement rhetoric like 5 minutes straight of it.

among others.  Event is still underway, no transcript yet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 09:15:14 pm »
Short perspective.  The beginning of the demise of America as founded was April 8, 1913, when the 17th Amendment was ratified denying the states representation in Congress and turning us into a democracy, rather than a proper republic.  The process was accelerated by the courts with Wickard v. Filburn in 1942, which turned the Commerce Clause into a justification for Federal law intruding into every facet of economic activity (and some non-economic spheres) on the plea that they "affect interstate commerce", and Reyolds v. Sims that destroyed the republican constitutions of most states by forbidding them from following the wisdom Founders showed in establishing the Senate, and requiring all state legislative chambers be apportioned on the basis of population, rather than having an upper house elected by, say, county.
---------------------------
A respectful demurral.
We, as well as the rest of the world, have abandoned the wisdom of the
Ancients who understood that Mankind's Anchor were his spiritual sensibilities.
These had absolutely nothing to do w/any religious impulse. NOTHING!
The radicals of the French Enlightenment asserted that Man's higher calling
was his material betterment, driven by the birth of Capitalism; a sea change
in attitude and temperament that has fundamentally altered the world.
Mankind is hardly better off for this change of focus!!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 09:25:57 pm »
The media is waxing concern for those constituents who voiced their opinions in DC yesterday.  They marched proudly with the flag of our country,did not carry the flags of a communist country like they did on the west coast,  did not drive cars through store windows, and ;let the real perps know how they felt.  Rightly so, as we have had so much thrust at us for the last four years.  How did they think people would react?  :patriot:  :patriot: :patriot:

And now Chuck Schumer pushes for the 25th amendment.  So much for unity.

Not the first time that Chuckie and Nancy have pushed for the 25th amendment.  Russian collusion and impeachment failed.  They succeeded in stealing the election and now they created a scene so that they can remove him.  That's what they want on his record.  They want to erase all of his accomplishments.

I will remember Trump as the President who was able to connect with the heart and souls of American patriots, lowered Black and Hispanic unemployment by historic measures, jump started the economy,  made allies with Israel again, gave hope back to the American people, worked on erecting a border wall, and perhaps most importantly exposed the dirty smear tactics of the left along with their fraud and corruption and revealed how fake the MSM had become.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:23 pm »
The image that accompanied the article:

Juxtapose that with this one:

And thanks to Bigun for posting the image in #5.
I created that one and seeded it "to the net"...