Author Topic: January 5 - January 6, 2021: From the Streets to the Halls of Congress  (Read 32738 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: January 5 - January 6, 2021: From the Streets to the Halls of Congress
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:59 am »
Go Trump 🇺🇸
@GKeile

Trump supporters being beaten by police like I've never seen before for being out past curfew. The same police who stood idly by and did nothing when BLM and antifa were out past curfew burning down and looting businesses.

Makes me sick.

Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GKeile/status/1346995675893006336

8:42 PM · Jan 6, 2021·Twitter for Android

@Right_in_Virginia

The police are NOT your friends,and never were. I know that has always been a popular delusion amongst people who lean right,but it's just not true.

They are loyal to the people who sign their paychecks,period.IF their bosses were to order them to open fire on Republican protesters,they would open fire on Republican protesters.

This has been true of all policie departments in every nation in the world since the first police department was formed.

Most are nothing more than thugs who like to break heads legally. They are cops because they want to break heads while having legal "cover".

The flip side of this is IF your local PD has honest political leadership,the police are mostly harmless unless attacked. They LOVE being authority figures in uniform,and will do nothing to risk losing their dream jobs if they can help it.

If your local pols are little more than thugs in expensive suits,your local cops will be little more than thugs wearing polyester.

That is just the nature of things.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2021, 07:50:38 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

For some odd reason,tie words I most closely associate with Romney are "Public Hanging". Am I tie only one?

Nope.   happy77  @sneakypete

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2021, 07:54:33 am »
Right_in_Virginia...I do not disagree with what you just said.

But he knew before he was POTUS the opposition he faced going into office.  He knew what he would be up against.  Because of his life experience, I thought he would be more knowledgeable about dealing with folks and motivating them to accomplish things. 

And I believed his rhetoric.  I worked tirelessly to get him elected in 2016.  I guess I felt betrayed when he increased the H1-b Visa Program.  Through my years before all that nonsense started, I worked with many good folks in systems, almost all replaced with folks from India. 

I spent many years in the general management consulting industry, which was destroyed by Obama in 30 days time after getting elected in 2008.  It has never returned.  There was a time I could make 2 phone calls and have a choice of projects to go work on the following week.  Of the roughly 50 folks I know in the business, who if they called, I would recognize their voice like an old friend, maybe at any given time 5 were working during the Obama years.  If the consulting industry is dead, so too is commerce in the USA.  Obama did that.  He built that.  Things were slowly, like the movement of a snail, coming back under Trump.  With Biden, they will get worse than they were with Obama.

You know RiV, I am mad at Trump because he was utterly brilliant in 2016.  He defined the issues, and this time I did not see that.  He did not define what he intended to do for the American people over the coming four years.  And his opponent did not even campaign or come out of his basement.  Virtually not at all.  There was no way Biden could ever compete against Trump, and yet Biden won.  He may have cheated to win, but he won.  Had Trump followed his same formula for defining what he would do for the American people in the next four years, I think it would have been no contest.

I asked four black females in their 20s, all getting higher level degrees in school what they knew Trump accomplished for black people in the USA since being POTUS, and not a one of them could think of a single thing.  NOT ONE!!!  They all voted for Biden.  And when I asked them to name one thing Biden accomplished, they were again speechless.

Leo Terrell flipped from being a strong Democrat to supporting Donald Trump.  Trump needed to find folks to take his message as ambassadors to others in the country, and he never saw the need for a ground game.  He narrowly squeaked by in 2016.  The Electoral College count was not reflective of how close the election was.  The difference in votes in the battleground states was indeed reflective of how close the election was.  I think Trump took 2020 for granted.  I know he thought there was no way a man hiding in his basement could defeat him.  He should have had a touch of paranoia versus his over supply of ego.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 07:56:34 am by jafo2010 »

BassWrangler

« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2021, 07:55:22 am »
Here's a video of the shot that killed that woman at the protest today. Doesn't look like a justified shoot to me.

https://twitter.com/mrnukemcocaine/status/1347088399031697409?s=21

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2021, 08:02:56 am »
New York governor deploying members of New York National Guard to D.C.
cbs, Jan 6, 2021

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday announced he is deploying 1,000 members of the New York National Guard to Washington, D.C. for up to two weeks "to aid and facilitate the peaceful transition of presidential power."

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/trump-us-capitol-dc-protest-2021-01-06/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=108612361#post-update-e77781aa

@Right_in_Virginia

How the HELL can a Governor of any state LEGALLY call up his state's NG in order to deploy them out of state?

One thing we can be sure of is that the President didn't request they be activated and federalized to be deployed outside of NY State.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 08:06:38 am by sneakypete »

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2021, 08:03:02 am »
The woman shot was murdered.  Plain and simple.  She was no threat to the man that pulled the trigger, and she had several police right behind her.  I haven't heard WHO the shooter is, but he should be indicted for murder.  No call for what he did.  NONE!

I heard someone that was there say she died right before his eyes.  He could not believe what had happened.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2021, 08:04:22 am »
Cuomo is a whore of the worst magnitude.  Does anything the man has done for the past year make sense to you?

He should be indicted for mass murder!!!

BassWrangler

« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2021, 08:04:27 am »
The woman shot was murdered.  Plain and simple.  She was no threat to the man that pulled the trigger, and she had several police right behind her.  I haven't heard WHO the shooter is, but he should be indicted for murder.  No call for what he did.  NONE!

I heard someone that was there say she died right before his eyes.  He could not believe what had happened.

I didn't see the injury, but it sounded like the bullet hit her carotid artery.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 08:15:13 am by BassWrangler »

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2021, 08:08:46 am »
I heard one report earlier in the day a person had been shot in the neck, so you are probably right.  She died quickly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2021, 08:25:26 am »
It's 1:30AM.  They are tired, and the fix was in long ago.

Did you see the comment made by the POS Lindsay Graham?  What a drama queen.

@jafo2010

No,but I didn't have to see it. Lady Lindsey has never been anything more than a POS drama queen.

BassWrangler

« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2021, 08:35:13 am »
I heard one report earlier in the day a person had been shot in the neck, so you are probably right.  She died quickly.

Interesting discussion about the shooting here:

https://thedonald.win/p/11RhAqC7Pl/additional-context-about-woman-s/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2021, 08:36:25 am »
Here's a video of the shot that killed that woman at the protest today. Doesn't look like a justified shoot to me.

@BassWrangler

Imagine for a moment the outrage if that had been a white cop shooting a black woman to death,instead of black cop shooting a white woman to death.,

There would be riots in the streets of every major city in the US for days,and that shooting would dominate the news for days,with special panels being assembled on tv news networks to discuss it and keep it "in the air".

BUT.......,since it was a black cop shooting a white woman,we get NOTHING being reported about it when it comes to the identity of either the cop OR the dead white woman. I did read one comment that claimed she was a veteran of the Iraq War,but have no idea if that is true or not. It was just a post by an anonymous poster on twitter.

BassWrangler

« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2021, 09:00:09 am »
@BassWrangler

Imagine for a moment the outrage if that had been a white cop shooting a black woman to death,instead of black cop shooting a white woman to death.,

There would be riots in the streets of every major city in the US for days,and that shooting would dominate the news for days,with special panels being assembled on tv news networks to discuss it and keep it "in the air".

BUT.......,since it was a black cop shooting a white woman,we get NOTHING being reported about it when it comes to the identity of either the cop OR the dead white woman. I did read one comment that claimed she was a veteran of the Iraq War,but have no idea if that is true or not. It was just a post by an anonymous poster on twitter.

I don't think race is a factor here. Political party is.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:50 am »
It's over, Trump "conceded".

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2021, 09:34:32 am »

I actually agree but don't rush a guy holding a gun?  :shrug:

Maybe "patriots" have less fear than BLM/Antifa, but most of them scatter when a gun is held at them. Officer may very well be tried and charged, now this muddies the waters in regards to cops. Guy was just doing his job and may have been terrified. Guy may serve time, but don't charge someone holding a gun.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2021, 10:01:05 am »
It was reported she was a 14 or 16 year veteran I believe of the Air Force.  I heard a Twitter message she left before being killed.  She thought the events of the day would be landmark.  They were certainly for her.

The man that shot her, cop or not, he fired without any real threat.  She was on the other side of a locked door with a couple cops directly behind her.  He should face charges, but since he is BLACK, we all know nothing will happen to him.  Most likely, he will get a promotion in the next two years.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2021, 01:38:29 pm »
She was outside the room and shot by a guy on the other side of the door, she was in the midst of law enforcement.  Democrat deep State stooges took their cue across the nation, not just at the Whitehouse or mass media.  Blame Trump for everything the left does, and threaten Trump with revenge/vengeance for the CRIME of beating hitlery 4 years ago.  Just watching their frantic dance of hate justifying whatever they do, (blame it all on Trump) should be a real clue as to what they intend in the near future. Rabid Mongrel dogs and jackals looking to run wild and attack any that get in their way.  Like i stated earlier the innocnent will be murdered and many have already.  It's what lockstepping nazis do.  There certainly has been plenty of warnings of this coming our way, HERE WE ARE !  aCCEPTING THE WICKED AS EQUALS IN SPEECH AND ACTIONS LEADS TO THE WICKED RULEING, AND HARSHLY, THEIR FAIR IS JUST ONE OF THEIR FARCES.  tHEN THE INNOCENT DIE AS WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEE HAPPENING.  Be 'fair' to them, while they pizz on you, as you see, it is a very grave error.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:40:41 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2021, 03:59:00 pm »
I don't think race is a factor here. Political party is.

@BassWrangler

Race is a factor BECAUSE the media isn't mentioning it.

When was the last time a white man shot a black woman to death,and the races of the shooter and the victim were NOT mentioned prominently in the media?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »

@dfwgator

He was always going to concede. He had no other option and knew it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2021, 04:01:44 pm »
I actually agree but don't rush a guy holding a gun?  :shrug:

Maybe "patriots" have less fear than BLM/Antifa, but most of them scatter when a gun is held at them. Officer may very well be tried and charged, now this muddies the waters in regards to cops. Guy was just doing his job and may have been terrified. Guy may serve time, but don't charge someone holding a gun.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yeah,that will happen at roughly the same time I am sworn in as the next US President.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2021, 04:02:46 pm »
It was reported she was a 14 or 16 year veteran I believe of the Air Force.  I heard a Twitter message she left before being killed.  She thought the events of the day would be landmark.  They were certainly for her.

The man that shot her, cop or not, he fired without any real threat.  She was on the other side of a locked door with a couple cops directly behind her.  He should face charges, but since he is BLACK, we all know nothing will happen to him.  Most likely, he will get a promotion in the next two years.

@jafo2010

MY best guess is an early retirement to get him and his name out of the news.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2021, 04:04:39 pm »
@dfwgator

He was always going to concede. He had no other option and knew it.

So then why drag the country, the party, and his voters through this? Not to mention all the people headed to prison for that stunt yesterday.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2021, 04:42:42 pm »

Trump conceded that the Constitution was violated, State laws were broken, illegal ballots were counted, and that the Democrats were going to get away with it since no one gives a damn about the Constitution any more.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2021, 04:44:51 pm »
Trump conceded that the Constitution was violated, State laws were broken, illegal ballots were counted, and that the Democrats were going to get away with it since no one gives a damn about the Constitution any more.

Enjoy your banana republic!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2021, 04:50:54 pm »
So then why drag the country, the party, and his voters through this? Not to mention all the people headed to prison for that stunt yesterday.
Aside from that poor murdered woman I’m happy he did. This whole thing has been very illuminating and I’m grateful for being entrusted, for once, with the truth.