Author Topic: Say a prayer for New York City  (Read 134 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Say a prayer for New York City
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:19:57 pm »
Say a prayer for New York City
NY Post, Jan 2, 2021, Editorial Board

Gotham’s in trouble. Not just because it’s suffering under the weight of crushing woes — soaring violence, out-of-control homelessness, a broken economy, a broke City Hall. And a population that can’t flee fast enough.

But also because none of the would-be saviors running for mayor is offering any meaningful plan to turn things around. And the primary, where the election is likely to be decided, is now less than six months away.

As Bob McManus noted last week, none of the candidates has yet to articulate any sound ideas to tackle the city’s huge problems or even manage its core functions more effectively and efficiently, even as tax revenue is expected to fall billions below planned spending levels for the foreseeable future. Instead, candidates are more interested in reversing “inequities” and addressing racial “imbalances.”

<snip>

COVID has ravaged the health of thousands of New Yorkers, put many thousands out of work and upended the city’s economy and finances. Crime, homelessness and other street chaos have also made life miserable here. The next mayor will have that and more to deal with come 2022. Pray that someone looking to take charge will come up with at least a few sensible ideas.

More: https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/say-a-prayer-for-new-york-city/

Re: Say a prayer for New York City
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:22:32 pm »
Or, we could simply blow up the bridges and flood the tunnels.  NYC's best hope of a contribution is as a cautionary tale.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 03:23:43 pm »
The cities voted for these people; they own it.

I feel sorrier for the country as a whole. We DIDN'T and we DON'T.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 03:35:05 pm »
A quote from their hero.....

"Elections have Consequeces"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 03:38:30 pm »
The cities voted for these people; they own it.

I feel sorrier for the country as a whole. We DIDN'T and we DON'T.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to TBR @mikezpen