Author Topic: McConnell says Electoral College certification will be his 'most consequential' vote ever: Report  (Read 647 times)

Offline libertybele

McConnell says Electoral College certification will be his 'most consequential' vote ever: Report

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that voting to certify the presidential election results will be "the most consequential I have ever cast," in a Thursday morning conference call, first reported by Axios.

"I'm finishing 36 years in the Senate and I've cast a lot of big votes," McConnell said during the call, according to Axios. "And in my view, just my view, this is will be the most consequential I have ever cast."

McConnell has been on the hot seat with President Trump since he  congratulated President-elect Joe Biden for his win, earlier this month.

"Our country has, officially, a president-elect and a vice-president-elect," McConnell said from the Senate floor in mid December. "I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden. The president-elect is no stranger to the Senate. He's devoted himself to public service for many years."

Trump became frustrated with the Republican leader for not refusing to accept the election’s results, in line with Trump supporters like Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., and recently Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., who said they will contest the election results.

McConnell could not be reached by Fox News for comment..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-electoral-college-certification-most-consequential-vote
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline conservativevoter

Don't you understand?  Mitch has gone off to grow a pair!   :rolling:

Offline yodaspock

Don't you understand?  Mitch has gone off to grow a pair!   :rolling:

He might have grown a Pair , But We are going to cut them off if he leaves the Trump make America great agenda and reverts to the "gang of 8" agenda. We can't have RINO's running things.

Offline libertybele

He might have grown a Pair , But We are going to cut them off if he leaves the Trump make America great agenda and reverts to the "gang of 8" agenda. We can't have RINO's running things.

He hasn't grown jack and Rino's already run things and that's why the party is dying.  People voted for Mitch again, somehow expecting a different result.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'll make it easy for you, Mitch.  "Fight for Trump!" = "Fight for Me!"  Turn your back on Trump, you turn your back on me .,... 75+ million "me's" ..... Can you guess what our response will be if you do that?

Offline skeeter

I'll make it easy for you, Mitch.  "Fight for Trump!" = "Fight for Me!"  Turn your back on Trump, you turn your back on me .,... 75+ million "me's" ..... Can you guess what our response will be if you do that?
The Murder Turtle will end up having murdered the GOP.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Unfortunately, the "consequences" that the turtle foresees aren't the same ones for which we're hoping.

As I believe Mr. Churchill said (paraphrasing):
"Sometimes doing one's best is not enough.
Sometimes one must do what is required"...

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele