Author Topic: Sen. Chris Coons Wants Twitter to Hide Reality of 'Global Warming'  (Read 223 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Chris Coons Wants Twitter to Hide Reality of 'Global Warming'
By David Simon
November 24, 2020

During a recent Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Senator Chris Coons demanded of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey that the social media giant ban statements that deny that climate change presents an existential threat. “You do, Mr. Dorsey, have policies against deep fakes or manipulated media, against COVID-19 misinformation, against things that violate civic integrity, but you don't have a stand-alone climate change misinformation policy. Why not?”

Coons justified his demand for censorship in apocalyptic terms. “I cannot think of a greater harm than climate change, which is transforming literally our planet and causing harm to our entire world. I think we’re experiencing significant harm as we speak.”

Eliminating debate about climate change is essential, Coons insisted. “I recognize the pandemic and misinformation about COVID-19, manipulated media also cause harm, but I’d urge you to reconsider that because helping to disseminate climate denialism in my view further facilitates and accelerates one of the greatest existential threats to our world.”

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2020/11/24/sen_chris_coons_wants_twitter_to_hide_reality_of_global_warming_650836.html

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Sen. Chris Coons Wants Twitter to Hide Reality of 'Global Warming'
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:56:38 pm »
Do not understand why Coons thought it was necessary to say this.
Twitter is the most censored so called 'public' site in the world.
You cannot support Trump or Republicans because 'existential threat'.
You cannot criticize WHO or the UN or any vaccine.
Everything posted is gated by whether or not the 'Twitter Goebbels gang' agrees with it.
Coons can sleep easy with the assurance that nothing will be posted on Twitter which is not in lockstep with Liberal theology dogma.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.