Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 51269 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #775 on: November 14, 2021, 01:12:03 am »
Julia Child once said, "If you're afraid of butter, use cream." She lived to 92.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #776 on: November 14, 2021, 01:20:59 am »
Julia Child once said, "If you're afraid of butter, use cream." She lived to 92.  :shrug:

Betty White's favorite foods are hot dogs, french fries and vodka and she's 99!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCPNLSmuJSw
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:22:06 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #777 on: November 14, 2021, 01:25:44 am »
Ernest Borgnine, a noticeably obese man, lived to be 95. Bruce Lee, the epitome of physical fitness, was dead at 32. You tell me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #778 on: November 14, 2021, 01:27:44 am »
Gavan O'Herlihy dies at 70.

He's best known in America for being Chuck Cunningham, the older brother on Happy Days who disappeared without a trace after a few episodes. He had a longer career in the British Isles.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10196497/Happy-Days-star-Gavan-OHerlihy-dies-aged-70.html

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #779 on: November 14, 2021, 03:27:45 am »
Well, perhaps it wasn't exactly a heart healthy meal. Just sayin'       888mouth

Give me red meat, cheese and real butter (oh and dark chocolate).  I told my cardio that the low fat, continual carb , low sugar, limited meat, supposedly heart healthy diet that the American Heart Association recommends, will kill me.  He just looked at me and told me to eat more vegs ... I looked at him and responded ... more fruit.

What is killing us is all the fake food ... such as margarine.  Most low fat, low carb products have a bunch of preservatives, flavor enhancers and chemicals that are terrible for your health.
My grandmother cooked with butter, goose fat and lard and it wasn't her heart that killed her in her late 80's it was cancer. My mother used nothing but butter, made many rich pastries and deserts, and like her mom made us lots of beef meals. My dad lived to 90 and my mother turns 90 in December and she still uses nothing but butter.

Online DB

« Reply #780 on: November 14, 2021, 03:36:07 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #781 on: November 14, 2021, 07:15:43 am »
Lost my favorite veteran today

Rest in Peace Dad Jan 31 1929 - Nov 11 2021.

Sorry to hear that, @Wingnut. Prayers up for y'all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #782 on: November 15, 2021, 03:44:16 pm »
Lost my favorite veteran today

Rest in Peace Dad Jan 31 1929 - Nov 11 2021.

@Wingnut
So sorry my friend.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #783 on: November 20, 2021, 12:10:19 am »
Songwriter Dave Frishberg dies at 88.

Known for his sometime silly song titles, he was a frequent collaborator with Bob Dorough (with whom he shared a similar vocal timbre), which led to steady writing work for Schoolhouse Rock in the 1970s, most famously with "I'm Just a Bill," sung by Jack Sheldon. As a lyricist and jazz piano player, he was a fixture of New York City's jazz scene for several decades.

https://ew.com/music/dave-frishberg-dead-jazz-songwriter-schoolhouse-rock/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #784 on: November 21, 2021, 12:18:25 am »
Art LaFleur Dies: ‘Sandlot,’ ‘Field Of Dreams,’ ‘Santa Clause’ Actor Was 78
By Tom Tapp, Deputy Managing Editor
November 19, 2021 7:34pm
Deadline

Art LaFleur, the actor who was best known for playing Babe Ruth in The Sandlot, has died after a 10-year battle with A-typical Parkinson’s, according to his wife Shelley. He was 78.

Among his most memorable Sandlot lines was, “Remember kid, there’s heroes and there’s Legends. Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die!”  ...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #785 on: November 21, 2021, 01:21:37 am »
Phil Margo, the baritone and drummer for The Tokens, dies at 79.

Margo and his brother Mitch (who died in 2017) were brought in to the group formerly known as the Linc-Tones after its lead singer left to start a solo career. (That vocalist who left was none other than Neil Sedaka, who went on to a long and ongoing career.) The band rebranded as the Tokens and went on to have a string of hits, beginning with "Tonight I Fell in Love" in 1961 and most famously "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" later that year. Under a side project, Cross Country, the group recorded a country version of "In the Midnight Hour" uncharacteristic of the Tokens' usual sound, which would prove to be their last hit.

The Margos split from Tokens lead singer Jay Siegel in the early 21st century in a dispute over the group's name.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/philip-margo-obit-1234999195/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #786 on: November 23, 2021, 08:30:25 pm »
Malikah Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X, found dead in New York home, officials say
by Ida Domingo, 7News Staff
Tuesday, November 23rd 2021

WASHINGTON (WJLA) — A daughter of slain Black civil rights activist Malcolm X has died Monday, ABC News reports.

Malikah Shabazz was found dead in her Brooklyn home Monday just before 5 p.m, police said. The 56-year-old was found by her daughter. ...

This news comes as two of Malcolm X's convicted killers were exonerated Thursday after decades of doubt about who was responsible for the civil rights icon's death.

Police say Shabazz's death does not appear suspicious. Shabazz was one of Malcolm X's six daughters. WJLA

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #787 on: November 23, 2021, 10:00:54 pm »
Doug Hill

Our dear friend and former WJLA colleague, Doug Hill, passed away Monday in North Carolina surrounded by his loving family.
Growing up in Baltimore, becoming a Prince Georges County police officer, he held a deep interest in meteorology.

https://wjla.com/news/local/doug-hill-obituary-tribute-former-wjla-7news-chief-meteorologist-passes-away-suddenly

Offline libertybele

« Reply #788 on: November 23, 2021, 10:52:21 pm »
Malikah Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X, found dead in New York home, officials say
by Ida Domingo, 7News Staff
Tuesday, November 23rd 2021

WASHINGTON (WJLA) — A daughter of slain Black civil rights activist Malcolm X has died Monday, ABC News reports.

Malikah Shabazz was found dead in her Brooklyn home Monday just before 5 p.m, police said. The 56-year-old was found by her daughter. ...

This news comes as two of Malcolm X's convicted killers were exonerated Thursday after decades of doubt about who was responsible for the civil rights icon's death.

Police say Shabazz's death does not appear suspicious. Shabazz was one of Malcolm X's six daughters. WJLA

:bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #789 on: November 24, 2021, 12:10:22 am »
Pirates great Bill Virdon, star center fielder on 1960 World Series champions, dies at age 90
Kevin Gorman
 Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2021 12:49 p.m.
Tribune Review

The leadoff hitter and Gold Glove center fielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates’ 1960 World Series champions who became a major-league manager of four teams, Bill Virdon was a baseball lifer known as a quiet but brilliant strategist and intense outfield instructor.

Virdon, dubbed “Quail” by broadcaster Bob Prince for his penchant for beating out infield hits, died Tuesday morning at age 90.  ...
Another part of my childhood gone. I was such a Pirates fan. :crying:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #790 on: November 26, 2021, 11:05:36 pm »
Stephen Sondheim, musical theater legend, has died at 91
November 26, 2021 / 5:56 PM / CBS News

Composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim, a legend in American musical theater, has died, his representative confirmed to CBS News. He was 91.

The multiple-time Tony Award winner is best known for works such as "Sweeney Todd," "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and "Into the Woods," along with his lyrics for "West Side Story." A film version of "West Side Story," its second adaptation to the big screen, is set to hit theaters on December 10.

An innovative and widely lauded artist, Sondheim also earned an Academy Award, eight Grammy Awards and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. ...
More at CBS

Towering Musical Theater Master Stephen Sondheim Dies at 91
Friday, 26 November 2021 05:59 PM

Stephen Sondheim, the songwriter who reshaped the American musical theater in the second half of the 20th century with his intelligent, intricately rhymed lyrics, his use of evocative melodies and his willingness to tackle unusual subjects, has died. He was 91.

Sondheim's death was announced by his Texas-based attorney, Rick Pappas, who told The New York Times the composer died Friday at his home in Roxbury, Connecticut. Pappas did not return calls and messages to The Associated Press.

Sondheim influenced several generations of theater songwriters, particularly with such landmark musicals as “Company,” “Follies” and “Sweeney Todd,” which are considered among his best work. His most famous ballad, “Send in the Clowns,” has been recorded hundreds of times, including by Frank Sinatra and Judy Collins. ...
Newsmax
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 11:18:27 pm by mountaineer »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2021, 07:49:58 pm »
Lee Elder, 1st Black golfer to play Masters, dies at age 87
By PAUL NEWBERRY AP National Writer
November 29, 2021, 1:22 PM

Lee Elder, who broke down racial barriers as the first Black golfer to play in the Masters and paved the way for Tiger Woods and others to follow, has died at the age of 87.

The PGA Tour announced Elder’s death, which was first reported Monday by Debert Cook of African American Golfers Digest. No cause was given, but the tour confirmed Elder's death with his family. ...

Elder got into golf as a caddie, since that essentially was the only conduit Black people had to be permitted on the course. He was able to polish his game while serving in the Army and, after his discharge, joined the United Golf Association Tour for Black players in the early 1960s.

He developed into one of the UGA’s best players, winning 18 of 22 tournaments in one dominating stretch, but meager prize money made it tough to earn a living. Finally, at the age of 33, Elder was able to afford PGA qualifying school, where he earned his first tour card for the 1968 season. ...
ABC News

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2021, 11:51:53 pm »
Dying at 87 means he had a good,long run.

Good for him!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #793 on: November 30, 2021, 07:35:49 pm »
I didn't watch his programs, but understand he was a lot more than just "anti-vaccine"
Marcus Lamb, anti-COVID vaccine Christian broadcaster, dies at 64
Lamb had hosted a series of vaccine skeptics on his television program and claimed that the truth about COVID-19 was being censored.
November 30, 2021
By Bob Smietana

(RNS) —  Marcus Lamb, a prominent Christian broadcaster known for his outspoken opposition to COVID-19 vaccines, has died after contracting the virus.

He was 64.

“This morning at 4 a.m. the president and founder of Daystar and the love of my life went to be with Jesus,” said his wife, Joni, on a Tuesday (Nov. 30) morning broadcast. “I wanted you to hear from me that he’s with the Lord.”

Marcus Lamb was co-founder and CEO of the Daystar Television Network, a network popular with evangelical and charismatic Christians. In recent weeks, friends and supporters had been praying for his recovery from the virus, seeing it as a spiritual attack because of his advocacy against vaccines and push for alternate treatments. ...
Religion News
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 05:22:10 am by mountaineer »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Millee

« Reply #795 on: December 02, 2021, 05:09:48 pm »
‘Laverne & Shirley’ actor Eddie Mekka, ‘The Big Ragu’ dead at 69

Eddie Mekka, the Tony-nominated actor best known for his role as Carmine “The Big Ragu” Ragusa of “Laverne & Shirley,” has died. He was 69.

The veteran TV and stage actor reportedly passed away on Nov. 27 at his home in Newhall, California, according to friend and fellow Berklee College of Music alum, Pat Benti, who did not share a cause of death in his tribute on Facebook.

Asking that all inquiries into Mekka’s death “be withheld during his family’s time of grief,” Benti also said, “We welcome you to share your memories of Eddie and your condolences to his family on his fan page.”

He added, “Rest In Peace Eddie. We had some fun.”

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/laverne-shirley-actor-eddie-mekka-the-big-ragu-dead-at-69/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons&fbclid=IwAR1NRhfA0VO-jPOnOXYbuB-T1a4_Td9lLzQPfBPZYvrwl6kgoLKKaFHRBrg

Online mountaineer

« Reply #796 on: December 02, 2021, 05:22:43 pm »
...   (Cindy) Williams remembered Mekka as “a world-class talent who could do it all.” Williams tweeted, “I love you dearly. I’ll miss you so much. But oh the marvelous memories …”

Mekka and Williams would work together again in the 2000s in a touring production of Grease and a regional production of the play It Had to Be You. He also worked with the other title star of Laverne & Shirley, Penny Marshall, in a brief role in Marshall’s film A League of Their Own as a guy Mae (Madonna) dances with at a bar.

“I got to do a great jitterbug number with Madonna in A League of Their Own,” he recalled in a 2014 interview with The Boston Globe. “And on Laverne & Shirley, because I love to sing Tony Bennett, we worked in a recurring bit where, whenever Laverne is mad at Carmine, all he has to do is sing the line from the Tony Bennett song, ‘You know I’d go from rags to riches …’ and she forgives him.”  ... Hollywood Reporter

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #797 on: December 05, 2021, 01:35:41 pm »
Country singer Stonewall Jackson, who stumbled into a Grand Ole Opry membership on his first day in Nashville and stayed there for 65 years, dies at 89.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/longtime-country-singer-stonewall-jackson-dies-at-89/article_be5e03c0-5545-11ec-ac21-efa846c5812d.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #798 on: December 05, 2021, 02:07:21 pm »
Country singer Stonewall Jackson, who stumbled into a Grand Ole Opry membership on his first day in Nashville and stayed there for 65 years, dies at 89.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/longtime-country-singer-stonewall-jackson-dies-at-89/article_be5e03c0-5545-11ec-ac21-efa846c5812d.html

Good thing he was from a few generations back....   Otherwise BLM and other woke entities would have smeared him as a racist.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #799 on: December 05, 2021, 04:46:24 pm »
Bob Dole has passed away....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: