Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 51173 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #726 on: October 27, 2021, 12:24:18 am »
“This Magic Moment”. One of THE best songs ever!
 RIP

I loved that song!!! 

....Will last forever..Forever til the end of time    RIP
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:27:37 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #728 on: October 29, 2021, 05:31:38 am »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online rustynail

« Reply #729 on: October 29, 2021, 10:39:44 am »
Mike Trivisonno WTAM 1100 Cleveland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Trivisonno

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #730 on: October 29, 2021, 08:30:55 pm »
We have a couple that we are friends with, and we hang out to watched Astros games, and other stuff.
After the games, or when nothings going on, we'll play the jukebox.
The lady is in her mid-sixties, and quite coherent , very intelligent, but she can never remember song titles.

some of the gems:

"What's that song with the tree growing in it"
(It turned out to be "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro, "It was just a twig").

"What's that song with the dog in it, something about a dog barking"
(This one was "Stagger Lee", " I was standing, on the corner, when I heard my bulldog bark").

The latest one was, about 6 months ago, "Who sings that song about a bad man Jose?"
Jay and the Americans, "Come a little bit Closer."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #731 on: October 30, 2021, 07:12:44 pm »
Ivana Trump's Ex-Husband Rossano Rubicondi Dead at 49: 'I'm Devastated,' She Says

Ivana Trump's ex-husband Rossano Rubicondi has died. He was 49.

Trump confirmed the news of Rubicondi's death to PEOPLE on Saturday. "I'm devastated," she told PEOPLE.

The actor and model's death was announced Friday by Italian TV personality Simona Ventura, who shared a throwback photo of herself and Rubicondi on Twitter.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ivana-trumps-ex-husband-rossano-165158506.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #732 on: October 30, 2021, 08:13:26 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #733 on: October 30, 2021, 09:08:40 pm »

I loved that song!!! 

....Will last forever..Forever til the end of time    RIP

@libertybele

One of the most romantic songs ever recorded. I loved this version, growing up in a time when popular music was still sweet and redolent of life's possibilities.

I also loved the version by Ben E. King and the Drifters, which I include below.

Music is such a deeply personal thing, and it touches us each in ways that we ourselves can only understand.

For me, this song takes me back to my first kiss. It happened at a high school party. It was autumn, and I was a senior. I can still feel the chill in the air and the thrill of the night, the darkness now setting in so early and yet alive with promises I dared not even dream of, because there at the party, to my heart's desire, was a girl. The Girl. The one in my class that I had spent so many long hours thinking of and longing for and imagining in my arms.

A number of us had walked out behind the house and ambled through the woods to the edge of a clearing, talking and laughing, though I recall not what about because my mind was set on only one thing. A week or so before, I had gathered my courage, and walking home from school I told her that I really liked her, and did so with my heart virtually beating a hole through my chest and I remember all these years later only that she was non-committal, but that she smiled and that was all I needed at that moment.

And then, sitting on a tree stump on that cool October night, with a plastic cup of something in my hand, and the music wafting into the woods from the house just beyond... suddenly, she appeared before me.  I am certain that I said "Hi" or "Hello", but I cannot recall because the only thing I do remember is that I felt her hands on my knees and just as suddenly, her face was near mine and I could smell her perfume and she kissed me.

And this song, like no other, brings me back to that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacBKKgc4Uo     
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 09:15:25 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #734 on: October 30, 2021, 10:20:32 pm »
@andy58-in-nh
What a shameless hussy!!

Just kidding - that's a very sweet story.  happy77 
I agree with you, music is often visceral and can bring back quite vivid memories.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #735 on: November 01, 2021, 08:11:17 am »
Mort was a laugh riot.  Brilliant comedian.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #736 on: November 06, 2021, 10:42:17 pm »
Pro wrestler Angelo "King Kong" Mosca, also known in Canada as one of the greatest players in Canadian football history, dies at 84.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/tiger-cats-great-angelo-mosca-dead-at-84-1.6240053

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyoEcbk3EP0

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #737 on: November 06, 2021, 11:41:20 pm »
@libertybele

One of the most romantic songs ever recorded. I loved this version, growing up in a time when popular music was still sweet and redolent of life's possibilities.

I also loved the version by Ben E. King and the Drifters, which I include below.

Music is such a deeply personal thing, and it touches us each in ways that we ourselves can only understand.

For me, this song takes me back to my first kiss. It happened at a high school party. It was autumn, and I was a senior. I can still feel the chill in the air and the thrill of the night, the darkness now setting in so early and yet alive with promises I dared not even dream of, because there at the party, to my heart's desire, was a girl. The Girl. The one in my class that I had spent so many long hours thinking of and longing for and imagining in my arms.

A number of us had walked out behind the house and ambled through the woods to the edge of a clearing, talking and laughing, though I recall not what about because my mind was set on only one thing. A week or so before, I had gathered my courage, and walking home from school I told her that I really liked her, and did so with my heart virtually beating a hole through my chest and I remember all these years later only that she was non-committal, but that she smiled and that was all I needed at that moment.

And then, sitting on a tree stump on that cool October night, with a plastic cup of something in my hand, and the music wafting into the woods from the house just beyond... suddenly, she appeared before me.  I am certain that I said "Hi" or "Hello", but I cannot recall because the only thing I do remember is that I felt her hands on my knees and just as suddenly, her face was near mine and I could smell her perfume and she kissed me.

And this song, like no other, brings me back to that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacBKKgc4Uo   

@andy58-in-nh

What a sweet, tender memory. As I read it, I was briefly transported back to the era and similar memories. Thank you for that. And thank you for including Ben E. King's version.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #738 on: November 07, 2021, 11:40:14 pm »
Former Mr. Olympia Shawn Rhoden Dead At 46 Years Old
Nov. 6, 2021

More sad news has hit the bodybuilding world in already tragic year – pro bodybuilder and former Mr. Olympia champion Shawn Rhoden has reportedly died of a heart attack. He was 46 years old. The pro bodybuilder was a modern legend in the sport who also faced serious controversy in the years after winning the Mr. Olympia in 2018.

Sources close to Generation Iron have reported that Shawn Rhoden suffered a fatal heart attack. Rhoden’s trainer, Chris Aceto, has also confirmed to close friends that the bodybuilder had passed away. Rhoden is said to have suffered a prior heart attack and had faced prior health concerns. Posts on social media from fellow athletes, experts, and fans have begun to pour out Saturday morning for the late pro bodybuilder.  ...

Generation Iron

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #739 on: November 07, 2021, 11:45:30 pm »
Former Mr. Olympia Shawn Rhoden Dead At 46 Years Old
Nov. 6, 2021

More sad news has hit the bodybuilding world in already tragic year – pro bodybuilder and former Mr. Olympia champion Shawn Rhoden has reportedly died of a heart attack. He was 46 years old. The pro bodybuilder was a modern legend in the sport who also faced serious controversy in the years after winning the Mr. Olympia in 2018.

Sources close to Generation Iron have reported that Shawn Rhoden suffered a fatal heart attack. Rhoden’s trainer, Chris Aceto, has also confirmed to close friends that the bodybuilder had passed away. Rhoden is said to have suffered a prior heart attack and had faced prior health concerns. Posts on social media from fellow athletes, experts, and fans have begun to pour out Saturday morning for the late pro bodybuilder.  ...

Generation Iron

Body builders and rasslers have a short lifespan.   Take that for what you will. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #740 on: November 09, 2021, 01:09:14 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #741 on: November 09, 2021, 01:26:36 pm »

Well I guess that ends any hope of a QL reunion.  :(
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #742 on: November 09, 2021, 04:05:35 pm »

Well I guess that ends any hope of a QL reunion.  :(

Captain Archer looks so young!
(I’ve never seen QL. I think I’ll see if it’s on streaming somewhere)

Rest In Peace, Mr. Stockwell
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #743 on: November 09, 2021, 07:08:07 pm »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #744 on: November 09, 2021, 08:53:09 pm »
Captain Archer looks so young!
(I’ve never seen QL. I think I’ll see if it’s on streaming somewhere)

Rest In Peace, Mr. Stockwell
They run QL on broadcast TV channel Comet KDOCDT4 out in my area in the evening. RIP, you will be missed Mr. Stockwell. There aren't too many actors that can boast a 70 year career!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #747 on: November 11, 2021, 10:39:30 pm »
   RIP:

Graeme Charles Edge was an English musician, songwriter, and poet, best known as the co-founder and drummer of the English band the Moody Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecn0EclKIho
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #748 on: November 11, 2021, 10:50:09 pm »
   RIP:

Graeme Charles Edge was an English musician, songwriter, and poet, best known as the co-founder and drummer of the English band the Moody Blues.

Terrible news.  Loved the Moody Blues in the day.

Outside it taking until Rush being inducted in the RR HOF in 2013.  Adding the Moody Blues in 2017 was in second place as the most criminal Hall oversight.   Here is my favorite clip of them, and maybe one of the first rock videos ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_TbovyVOzs
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #749 on: November 11, 2021, 11:12:37 pm »
Terrible news.  Loved the Moody Blues in the day.

Outside it taking until Rush being inducted in the RR HOF in 2013.  Adding the Moody Blues in 2017 was in second place as the most criminal Hall oversight.   Here is my favorite clip of them, and maybe one of the first rock videos ever.

@catfish1957 Hell,even my mother and father,who were in their 70's when the Moody Blues came out,loved them and would ask me to play it again when I would be getting high in my bedroom and listening to some tunes.

They also claimed to have loved Uriah Heep,but I think they were just screwing with me on that one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!