Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 51174 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2021, 02:28:07 am »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2021, 04:03:15 am »
Just one more ....   88devil

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1437866960692420614

Between Rush and Norm, we've lost two of our best voices this year.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2021, 07:55:19 pm »
Steven Crowder did a nice tribute to Norm McDonald on his show this morning. It included lots of video and audio clips of his funniest bits, with commentary from Crowder and his crew. Norm freaking out The View harpies by mentioning the Clinton murders, and confusing the heck out of Larry King, are my favorites.

The tribute starts at about 50:10 into the show, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Zf-uYQ8kw&t=3010s
Let it burn.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #653 on: September 15, 2021, 09:49:10 pm »
Steven Crowder did a nice tribute to Norm McDonald on his show this morning. It included lots of video and audio clips of his funniest bits, with commentary from Crowder and his crew. Norm freaking out The View harpies by mentioning the Clinton murders, and confusing the heck out of Larry King, are my favorites.

I watched it this morning.   Norm totally owned Barbara Wawa and the rest of the original harpies on the view! 
Okay....manslaughter!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2021, 10:29:37 pm »

@Ghost Bear

I would normally rather have my eyes put out with a hot poker that watch those bitches,but I made sure to tune in when I found out Norm was going to be on the show. Damn glad I did,too. I thought Joy and BaBa were going to stroke out for a few minutes. Ok,ok. I was HOPING they would stroke out.

Norm didn't cut them ANY slack.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2021, 10:29:39 pm »

Loved the comments of how underrated Norm's movie Dirty Work was.   Incredibly funny flick.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #656 on: September 16, 2021, 11:23:01 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #657 on: September 16, 2021, 11:29:03 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #658 on: September 16, 2021, 11:44:26 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #659 on: September 16, 2021, 11:45:05 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #660 on: September 25, 2021, 06:47:36 pm »
Film director Melvin Van Peebles dies at 89. He was a pioneer of the genre that became known as "blaxploitation."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/melvin-van-peebles-godfather-of-black-cinema-dies-at-89-1235018862/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2021, 01:54:28 am »
John Rigas, founder of Adelphia Communications, dies at 96.

Rigas oversaw the creation of Adelphia, a multi-billion-dollar cable television empire that put his minuscule hometown of Coudersport, Pennsylvania on the map. He would invest much of the earnings he made from Adelphia into the communities of rural northern Pennsylvania and western New York, including for a time owning the NHL's Buffalo Sabres during an era when the team was at its most successful.

Rigas faced a complicated downfall after it was revealed that he and his sons had resorted to illegal activites that defrauded the shareholders who had held publicly traded stock in Adelphia. He and his sons were convicted on federal charges, Adelphia was dismantled, and the elder Rigas served nine years in prison. He was released due to poor health in 2016 and lived out the rest of his life in Coudersport. He left a complex legacy in that he remains generally respected in western New York and Pennsylvania as a Robin Hood-like character who exploited institutional wealth and invested it into an economically downtrodden community.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/john-rigas-former-sabres-owner-and-convicted-adelphia-founder-dies-at-96/

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2021, 04:02:46 pm »
Lost in the shuffle... He passed a few days ago.

George Frayne IV (1944–2021), Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen

Frayne took on the stage name and persona of Commander Cody after co-founding the band in 1967. Their debut album, released in 1971, yielded their most popular hit, a cover of the 1955 song “Hot Rod Lincoln.” It rose to the top 10 in 1972. The band would later have moderate success with singles including “Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar” and “Don’t Let Go.” After 10 years with the Lost Planet Airmen, Frayne embarked on a solo career, still using the name Commander Cody. He was also a painter and videographer whose art was exhibited in museums.
https://www.legacy.com/news/celebrity-deaths/george-frayne-iv-1944-2021-commander-cody-and-his-lost-planet-airmen-frontman/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #663 on: October 03, 2021, 10:01:59 pm »
Annika H Rothstein
@truthandfiction
Swedish artist Lars Vilks has died. Vilks was most famous for his depictions of the prophet Muhammad, a work of art & exercise in freedom of speech which forced him to live in a secret location with 24/7 security due to constant threats from Islamist extremists
5:04 PM · Oct 3, 2021·

Swedish cartoonist who survived two murder attempts after drawing the Prophet Mohammed is killed in mystery car crash along with his two police protection officers

Lars Vilks, 75, killed in crash in Markaryd, Sweden just before 3pm on Sunday
    He received numerous threats to his life after drawing prophet with dog's body
    A lone gunman targeted him at a cafe in 2015  but he managed to escape bullets

By Laurence Dollimore For Mailonline
Published: 17:27 EDT, 3 October 2021 | Updated: 17:54 EDT, 3 October 2021 ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #664 on: October 03, 2021, 10:43:51 pm »
Annika H Rothstein
@truthandfiction
Swedish artist Lars Vilks has died. Vilks was most famous for his depictions of the prophet Muhammad, a work of art & exercise in freedom of speech which forced him to live in a secret location with 24/7 security due to constant threats from Islamist extremists

@mountaineer

We all KNOW how to solve THAT little proglem,don't we? We just need to send them all back to whatever 12th century shithole they came from,and promise to kill them dead with bullets sprayed with Holy Water if we ever catch them in our countries.

The only question,and this is a serious questions,is "Why the HELL haven't we already started doing this?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #665 on: October 04, 2021, 12:59:56 pm »
STOCKHOLM — The Swedish artist Lars Vilks, who had lived under police protection since his 2007 sketch of the Prophet Muhammad with a dog’s body brought death threats, died from a traffic accident Sunday, Swedish news media reported.

The accident reportedly involved a truck colliding with a civilian police car in which Lars Vilks and his police protection were traveling, news media said.  ...

The cause of the accident was under investigation. ...

Vilks’ life changed radically 13 years ago after he drew a sketch of Muhammad with a dog’s body. Dogs are considered unclean by conservative Muslims, and Islamic law generally opposes any depiction of the prophet, even favorable, for fear it could lead to idolatry.

Al-Qaida put a bounty on Vilks’ head. In 2010, two men tried to burn down his house in southern Sweden. Last year, a woman from Pennsylvania pleaded guilty in a plot to try to kill him.  ...
Associated Press

Online mountaineer

« Reply #666 on: October 04, 2021, 01:01:48 pm »
Ex-US Rep. Todd Akin, sunk by ‘legitimate rape’ remark, dies
Former conservative Republican U.S. Rep. Todd Akin of Missouri has died
By JOHN HANNA and JIM SALTER Associated Press
October 4, 2021, 7:59 AM

Former U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, a conservative Missouri Republican whose comment that women's bodies have a way of avoiding pregnancies in cases of “legitimate rape” sunk his bid for the U.S. Senate and became a cautionary tale for other GOP candidates, has died. He was 74.

Akin had cancer for several years, his son Perry said in a statement. He died late Sunday at his home in Wildwood, a St. Louis suburb. ... ABC News

Online mountaineer

« Reply #667 on: October 04, 2021, 07:01:16 pm »
‘Bridgerton’ Emmy winner Marc Pilcher dead at 53 of COVID-19
By Samantha Ibrahim   
October 4, 2021 1:48pm Updated

Hair and makeup artist Marc Pilcher died of COVID-19 on Sunday at the age of 53. He was double vaccinated and had no underlying health conditions, according to his agency Curtis Brown.  ...

The designer had tested negative on several COVID-19 tests in order to make the trip to the ceremony; however, shortly after his return home, he fell sick. ... NY Post

:whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #668 on: October 05, 2021, 01:56:24 am »

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #669 on: October 07, 2021, 12:41:30 pm »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #670 on: October 08, 2021, 12:36:48 am »

Why not?
I don't particularly feel like fighting a pro-vax vs. anti-vax argument in an obituary thread... there are plenty of threads in the Health board for that discussion, the main points of which have been beaten to death.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #671 on: October 08, 2021, 02:33:52 pm »
I don't particularly feel like fighting a pro-vax vs. anti-vax argument in an obituary thread... there are plenty of threads in the Health board for that discussion, the main points of which have been beaten to death.

@jmyrlefuller

And I support your position 100%.  Other than brief comments, this is not the place for hashing out arguments that happen almost everywhere else on the Forum!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MOD3

« Reply #672 on: October 08, 2021, 03:19:18 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

And I support your position 100%.  Other than brief comments, this is not the place for hashing out arguments that happen almost everywhere else on the Forum!

Dittoes.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #673 on: October 08, 2021, 03:23:04 pm »

Amen to that!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #674 on: October 08, 2021, 03:40:57 pm »
Yes, I agree, and that's why I didn't go there. The obit thread is not the place.